Nutrient Cycle For Seedling/clones...

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hello,
About to purchase some clones today. I've been doing research on a proper nutrient program for clones. Most say to use 1/4 the recommended dosage of basic nutes. I'm doing a DWC set up. My questions...

-Why would a manufacturer of nutes recommend using 3/4 more of the nutes, than what people suggest (just using 1/4)?

-What would be the results, if I stuck with the manufacturer recommended nutrient program, on the seedling/clone stage?

-Would I also go about just using 1/4 of the supplements as well, in a RO/distilled system, alongside my basic nutes? I'll be using Cal/Mag Xtra as well...just use 1/4 cal/mag?

Thanks for the help!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Calmag full strength, the rest 1/4 strenght and then work your way up adding a bit more each time and noting the plants response after each feeding.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello,
About to purchase some clones today. I've been doing research on a proper nutrient program for clones. Most say to use 1/4 the recommended dosage of basic nutes. I'm doing a DWC set up. My questions...

-Why would a manufacturer of nutes recommend using 3/4 more of the nutes, than what people suggest (just using 1/4)?
I can't say for sure, but my guesses are along the lines of; haven't tested *with* cannabis, have tested only a bit with cannabis, to sell more nutrients.
-What would be the results, if I stuck with the manufacturer recommended nutrient program, on the seedling/clone stage?
They tend to end up burned, IME. But I'm generalizing.
-Would I also go about just using 1/4 of the supplements as well, in a RO/distilled system, alongside my basic nutes? I'll be using Cal/Mag Xtra as well...just use 1/4 cal/mag?

Thanks for the help!
One fourth to one eighth are good places to start, they allow you to range up or down as the plant 'tells' you it needs, whereas, ESPECIALLY with salt-based fertilizers (high NPK numbers) if you feed too high to begin with, you'll end up with two problems instead of one. Because if you push really hard, the plant will still only take up so much. Where does the rest (of your money) end up? Sitting in the media, which has now been, quite literally, salted. To death. Oh goody! NOW you get to waste precious water rinsing it out of the media. Yay!

I personally prefer using separate Ca and Mg products. "Cal-Mag" is one nutrient that I would use at recommended strength, especially if growing in a more inert media (something that doesn't already have 'nutrients' in it, something that *isn't* soil) and ESPECIALLY if you're using RO. This is one area where you may even need to double, possibly triple, the amount used to meet the plant's demands, and that does depend on media and source water.

Top Bottom