Nutrient deficiency diagnosis only 1 of 4 plants showing signs

• Thread starter TheCableGuy14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCableGuy14

New to website. I have 4 ladies I came back home to from vacation, and one of the 4 is showing signs of nutrient deficiency. The other 3 look excellent. Any ideas? I’m using build-a-soil living soil and have been using recharge. I’ve never had an issue with this soil before and have not had a deficiency in years. I don’t want to throw the kitchen sink at it if it’s an obvious one for an experienced grower to solve.

Nutrient deficiency diagnosis only 1 of 4 plants showing signs
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It looks like it could be a Mg deficiency, but I'd like a closer look at the leaves. I think I see interveinal chlorosis, or yellowing between the major veins in the leaves. You could try a foliar spray of water and Epsom salt, which is magnesium sulfate. It can be watered in, too. One tablespoon per gallon is what's usually recommended.

T

TheCableGuy14

It looks like it could be a Mg deficiency, but I'd like a closer look at the leaves. I think I see interveinal chlorosis, or yellowing between the major veins in the leaves. You could try a foliar spray of water and Epsom salt, which is magnesium sulfate. It can be watered in, too. One tablespoon per gallon is what's usually recommended.
I’ve been using that in my foliar spray for the entire grow twice a week. I also put a 3/4 tsp of cal mag in with my recharge feeding.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

New to website. I have 4 ladies I came back home to from vacation, and one of the 4 is showing signs of nutrient deficiency. The other 3 look excellent. Any ideas? I’m using build-a-soil living soil and have been using recharge. I’ve never had an issue with this soil before and have not had a deficiency in years. I don’t want to throw the kitchen sink at it if it’s an obvious one for an experienced grower to solve.
Would maybe be a good idea to flush and start over on the nutes if youre confused about your situation

Could turn out to just be some buildup causing some lockout

Saying that because she has some slightly burned tips

If youre ph is too low caused by buildup could cause mag def too

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i m growing 8 plant in sog for the same strain at time, it's not rare some strain or sometime just some phenotype are more capricious regarding feeding and show none or more or less deficiencies or burns, now most of the time i'm careless about it as thoose plants made it well enough to harvest anyway and as my attempt at fixing various kind of issue over the years with capricious phenotypes have been half hit and miss.

T

TheCableGuy14

Would maybe be a good idea to flush and start over on the nutes if youre confused about your situation

Could turn out to just be some buildup causing some lockout

Saying that because she has some slightly burned tips

If youre ph is too low caused by buildup could cause mag def too
Lol this is organic living soil… flushing is absolutely the last thing I’d ever do! My other 3 plants are looking fire like always and I’ve got the same regiment going on them. I don’t use nutrients other than recharge and some dry amendments I top dress in, and I only used 1/2 tsp of cal-mag on the last watering bec it looked like mg def. My PH is on the nuts, I use RO water And I foliar spray with mg sulfate every 10 days through veg. Here is a side by side comparison - all 3 of my others look like the healthy plant. I think I might just have a shitty pheno that doesn’t play nice with my grow type but I don’t want to give up on her if I can save her.

IMG 0172
IMG 0173
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Lol this is organic living soil… flushing is absolutely the last thing I’d ever do! My other 3 plants are looking fire like always and I’ve got the same regiment going on them. I don’t use nutrients other than recharge and some dry amendments I top dress in, and I only used 1/2 tsp of cal-mag on the last watering bec it looked like mg def. My PH is on the nuts, I use RO water And I foliar spray with mg sulfate every 10 days through veg. Here is a side by side comparison - all 3 of my others look like the healthy plant. I think I might just have a shitty pheno that doesn’t play nice with my grow type but I don’t want to give up on her if I can save her.
I use to be the same way and balk at the idea of flushing, especially in organic soil. But we're not entirely organic if we are growing in pots. Especially in the size of pots your growing out of. It's plausible that that one troubled plant is just not coping with the amount of top dressing you applied, even Jeremy from Build A Soil would agree to that. No harm would come to your pots by flushing, absolutely none. The dry amendments would remain and the bacteria would bounce back quick. Only the excess (broken down) nutrients would be flushed away. Don't be to proud about flushing, because it does rain in nature, a lot, and we don't see plants dying or suffering from it. In most cases we seem them prospering.

E

Eclipted

I use to be the same way and balk at the idea of flushing, especially in organic soil. But we're not entirely organic if we are growing in pots. Especially in the size of pots your growing out of. It's plausible that that one troubled plant is just not coping with the amount of top dressing you applied, even Jeremy from Build A Soil would agree to that. No harm would come to your pots by flushing, absolutely none. The dry amendments would remain and the bacteria would bounce back quick. Only the excess (broken down) nutrients would be flushed away. Don't be to proud about flushing, because it does rain in nature, a lot.
This ^

T

TheCableGuy14

I use to be the same way and balk at the idea of flushing, especially in organic soil. But we're not entirely organic if we are growing in pots. Especially in the size of pots your growing out of. It's plausible that that one troubled plant is just not coping with the amount of top dressing you applied, even Jeremy from Build A Soil would agree to that. No harm would come to your pots by flushing, absolutely none. The dry amendments would remain and the bacteria would bounce back quick. Only the excess (broken down) nutrients would be flushed away. Don't be to proud about flushing, because it does rain in nature, a lot, and we don't see plants dying or suffering from it. In most cases we seem them prospering.
This isn’t about pride... this is clear cut deficiency. Why would I flush when it’s lacking a nutrient? I didn’t overfeed the plant, I didn’t use synthetics, and I don’t like using extra water in organic because each container has 150+ worms . I’m just looking for what this deficiency is, and so far I’ve only had one person say magnesium and that was the only thing I attempted to remedy based on my grow experience. I foiler Sprayed with mag-sulfate and then added a 1/2 tsp into the next water. Nothing changed and I don’t want to keep throwing darts at the wall.

I do 1/4 strength top dressing with gaia green and a few down to earth products every 3 weeks and I’ve never had an issue In 5 years using this method. These are seeds and not clones so I could just have a fickle plant, but I don’t want to flip that ugly thing into flower stressed and have it hermie and mess up my other 3 beauties

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Ok i have a few questions what do you keep your ph at and what are you MG levels? Nitrate levels? Sodium levels and my other question is why wouldn't you flush OLS ????

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
This isn’t about pride... this is clear cut deficiency. Why would I flush when it’s lacking a nutrient? I didn’t overfeed the plant, I didn’t use synthetics, and I don’t like using extra water in organic because each container has 150+ worms . I’m just looking for what this deficiency is, and so far I’ve only had one person say magnesium and that was the only thing I attempted to remedy based on my grow experience. I foiler Sprayed with mag-sulfate and then added a 1/2 tsp into the next water. Nothing changed and I don’t want to keep throwing darts at the wall.

I do 1/4 strength top dressing with gaia green and a few down to earth products every 3 weeks and I’ve never had an issue In 5 years using this method. These are seeds and not clones so I could just have a fickle plant, but I don’t want to flip that ugly thing into flower stressed and have it hermie and mess up my other 3 beauties
Raise the light. Mag def is driven by light intensity in led. Use a table spoon of epsom per gallon, and lose the foliar feeding. 👊🏻

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Raise the light. Mag def is driven by light intensity in led. Use a table spoon of epsom per gallon, and lose the foliar feeding. 👊🏻
How do you know its lacking?? You get a paste malik test or maybe a tissue test could be you locked out some from to much ?? Just asking and this is why
Mg is the bully cation and will outcompete both Ca and K so do not go in with a heavy hand. Keep your eye open for Mg deficiency later in the round. If you see interveinal chlorosis on lower leaves add 2 tbsp epsom per gallon of water and add to the soil as a drench as a one or two time application. Only add if there is an issue. Please limit magnesium inputs as adding calcium and potassium to balance your elevated Mg will add significant osmotic stress.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That’s just what I would do. Looking at it, it’s plainly showing the signs. I’d raise the light so it would stop pulling it all out of the medium.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I do a OLS and had to flush ive been using the same soil for years now i get a soil test done every round so i can dial it in youd be surprised what you can learn from a test no fertilizer just bacteria and fungi and 7.0 ph'd water ✌️. And another question whats your phosphorus reserves

IMG20231222161950
IMG20231222082625
IMG20231222082614
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Like what kind do I run?
Green leaf sea kelp extract
Big bud powder.

T

TheCableGuy14

That’s just what I would do. Looking at it, it’s plainly showing the signs. I’d raise the light so it would stop pulling it all out of the medium.
My light is all the way up so I’ll dim the intensity a bit and I’ll go heavy mag on the next feeding. It’s the only thing I’ve come up with that Makes any sense… it’s definitely not flushing I’ll just mess her up worse…

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
My light is all the way up so I’ll dim the intensity a bit and I’ll go heavy mag on the next feeding. It’s the only thing I’ve come up with that Makes any sense… it’s definitely not flushing I’ll just mess her up worse…
Def don’t flush homie. You have a decent plan…..

T

TheCableGuy14

Def don’t flush homie. You have a decent plan…..
Thanks bro. After 2 weeks of heavier mag sulfate doses she’s back to 95% green. I really appreciate everyone that provided feedback, even the ones that told me to flush 😂! bad info strengthens your convictions, and good info makes us all better growers. Always trust your instincts too! 2 tsp of magnesium sulfate was 100% correct!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks bro. After 2 weeks of heavier mag sulfate doses she’s back to 95% green. I really appreciate everyone that provided feedback, even the ones that told me to flush 😂! bad info strengthens your convictions, and good info makes us all better growers. Always trust your instincts too! 2 tsp of magnesium sulfate was 100% correct!
Super glad you are back on track homie! 👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom