Nutrient deficiency? First grow not sure

• Thread starter Stina
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stina

Hi! This is my first grow. This plant is going to be 5 weeks old this weekend. All of my other plants are in great shape except for her. At first I thought maybe I was overwatering or it was maybe from the stress of transplanting but I’m wondering if it could maybe be a nutrient deficiency and maybe it was just a coincidence that it happened around when I transplanted. I haven’t added any nutrients. I’m using purple cow indicanja soil and it says that I don’t need nutrients so I was nervous to put any in after reading it could make the soil “too hot”. So much conflicting info out there so just wondering if anyone has had this happen to their leaves. Thank you!

Nutrient deficiency first grow not sure
Nutrient deficiency first grow not sure 2
Nutrient deficiency first grow not sure 3
Nutrient deficiency first grow not sure 4
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
At first I thought maybe I was overwatering or it was maybe from the stress of transplanting but I’m wondering if it could maybe be a nutrient deficiency and maybe it was just a coincidence that it happened around when I transplanted. I haven’t added any nutrients.
There might be calcium deficiency, so some CalMag could help. I don't use it, though. Instead, I use gypsum. It also looks like the soil is too wet. I don't like plastic pots because they retain moisture too long and they don't allow gas exchange for the roots. The yellowing at the top is an indication of wet soil. Cannabis roots like water, but they don't like to be wet.

I’m using purple cow indicanja soil and it says that I don’t need nutrients so I was nervous to put any in after reading it could make the soil “too hot”.
Sorry. I don't know anything about that soil. I'd start by adding some CalMag to see if the plant likes it.

So much conflicting info out there so just wondering if anyone has had this happen to their leaves.
Yep! There sure is too much conflicting info. Growing gets easier as we learn to read the plants and diagnose and treat problems.

S

Stina

There might be calcium deficiency, so some CalMag could help. I don't use it, though. Instead, I use gypsum. It also looks like the soil is too wet. I don't like plastic pots because they retain moisture too long and they don't allow gas exchange for the roots. The yellowing at the top is an indication of wet soil. Cannabis roots like water, but they don't like to be wet.

Sorry. I don't know anything about that soil. I'd start by adding some CalMag to see if the plant likes it.

Yep! There sure is too much conflicting info. Growing gets easier as we learn to read the plants and diagnose and treat problems.

Thank you ! I’m going to reduce how much water I’m giving them and I’m gonna give the CalMag a try. Do you think I should let it dry out before I add the CalMag? Next grow I think I’m going to switch to grow bags. I drilled holes in the bottom and a couple on the side to get a bit of airflow but I don’t think it’s enough.

P

Phyto

Looks like it could be a little burn. Ca deficiencies in soil, with plants that size are pretty rare, particularly for a cannabis specific soil. You can try a LITTLE calmag, but I think it will grow out of it.

G

GreenDreamer420

Make sure the soil is allowed to dry out between waterings to promote healthy root growth.

S

Stina

Make sure the soil is allowed to dry out between waterings to promote healthy root growth.
Will do! I made the mistake for awhile of watering them all at once instead of more so going off of each individual plants needs

S

Stina

Looks like it could be a little burn. Ca deficiencies in soil, with plants that size are pretty rare, particularly for a cannabis specific soil. You can try a LITTLE calmag, but I think it will grow out of it.
Ok, thank you! I bought some CalMag just in case. I’ll give her a bit of time and if she’s declining I’ll use some of the CalMag. I’m just so hesitant to add nutrients since with this soil you supposedly aren’t supposed to add anything. I’m afraid I’ll do more harm than good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom