Nutrient Deficiency? Need Help!

• Thread starter BudForCancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudForCancer

BudForCancer

Short and simple. Looks like I need calmag, but not 100% sure. Leaves yellowing at tips, slightly curled. A few small brown spots on lower fan leaves. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Soil mix of 50% organic soil, 25% coco coir, and 25% perlite in 15 gallon pots. Watered when moisture meter reads low end of scale. Watered using RO water mixed with benificial bacteria every other water. 600 W HPS PM 24 hr in a 4 x 8 tent. Unknown strain.
Nutrient deficiency   need help
Nutrient deficiency   need help 2
Nutrient deficiency   need help 3
Nutrient deficiency   need help
Nutrient deficiency   need help 2
Nutrient deficiency   need help 3

D

donweed

Based on the charts i would say nitrogen but do not take anything i say seriously. I am still on my first grow haha. Will be checking what the experts will say.

J

Joe.Grow

Nutrient availability is greatly effected above 6.8. I would focus on watering with a much lower PH to balance out the soil like as low as a 5.5-6.0. I’d adjust/flush it with just plan water buffered to 6 or lower without Nutes for a while till you see the ppm go a few hundred under target for the desired stage. If your using tap water it’s also important to let it sit 24 hours to evaporate the additives or use drops for reptiles that remove the chlorine and other additives that can greatly impact the plant and be toxic. Less is much much more with Nutes, super small doses here as it doesn’t take much.

Here’s a really good read for some understanding.
https://growace.com/blog/ph-and-ppm...ants-are-eating-and-how-much-they-can-handle/

BudForCancer

BudForCancer

Nutrient availability is greatly effected above 6.8. I would focus on watering with a much lower PH to balance out the soil like as low as a 5.5-6.0. I’d adjust/flush it with just plan water buffered to 6 or lower without Nutes for a while till you see the ppm go a few hundred under target for the desired stage. If your using tap water it’s also important to let it sit 24 hours to evaporate the additives or use drops for reptiles that remove the chlorine and other additives that can greatly impact the plant and be toxic. Less is much much more with Nutes, super small doses here as it doesn’t take much.

Here’s a really good read for some understanding.
https://growace.com/blog/ph-and-ppm...ants-are-eating-and-how-much-they-can-handle/

I was starting to think that as well after I started looking at nutrient uptake and pH charts. I just went out yesterday and picked up a bottle of Earth Juice Natural Down. Waiting for soil to dry a little bit before I start trying to adjust. Don't want to over water.

J

Joe.Grow

Try to dry it out as much as possible in the next 24 with the exhaust fan but try to keep the humidity in check. If needed add bowls of water to keep humidity up. Lots of air exchange followed by correcting the PH as you feel comfortable. Evapotranspiration will be your friend here.

BudForCancer

BudForCancer

Try to dry it out as much as possible in the next 24 with the exhaust fan but try to keep the humidity in check. If needed add bowls of water to keep humidity up. Lots of air exchange followed by correcting the PH as you feel comfortable. Evapotranspiration will be your friend here.
That's what I've been trying. 2 oscillating fans, 2 exhaust fans and a small space heater (it's getting cold in michigan).

S

Skipo

These spots are the only ones on this plant, and they’re not all over. More so, on a few fan leaves on top. Calcium deficiency?
53CB93A9 0E10 4EF1 8BFE FB0250016939
C84CD461 A699 4D92 A343 9CCE10936405

S

Skipo

Looks like calcium deficiency progressing...It’s the only one in the room with this...Was about to flip to flower. I realize you want it to be well off before flipping, but prolly not gonna keep this one anyway. Def not gonna take less than healthy clones from it. Should I try to isolate it and bring it back to health before 12/12? This got way behind fast

S

Skipo

92904269 77E4 4774 B34E C867DD2CEF87
A00F2A98 D277 48EC A6EB E26C6865B59B
Looks like calcium deficiency progressing...It’s the only one in the room with this...Was about to flip to flower. I realize you want it to be well off before flipping, but prolly not gonna keep this one anyway. Def not gonna take less than healthy clones from it. Should I try to isolate it and bring it back to health before 12/12? This got way behind fast

J

Joe.Grow

I wouldn’t be concerned with that unless it’s brand new growth. So far so good.

Re check your ph pen and remember the 3ml of cal-mag per gallon of water no matter what.

Top Bottom