Nutrient deficiency?

• Thread starter ojsbronco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ojsbronco

ojsbronco

Older leaves are beginning to look frail and discolored. Soil is at pH 7.5-7.9 (unsure but will be purchasing testing strips tomorrow) I know I need to lower pH, however should I also get nutrients to make up for alkaline soil? If so which nutrients would be most beneficial at this stage?

Nutrient deficiency
Nutrient deficiency 2
Nutrient deficiency 3
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Too small to feed, definitely lower that ph. Cal mag is sufficient fertilizer as it has nitrogen in it. Ease back on watering and increase the light height to at least 24” from tops at this stage in life

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't know that they make "alkaline nutrients", as most nutrients are pretty much equal in terms of plant use. The soil Ph can influence the nutrients themselves as well as the roots to cause the nutrients to not be absorbed by the plant. This is a type of Ph induced nute lockout. Magnesium will be difficult for the plant to use, and there are several others that fall off when you venture much above 7.
Lowering your Ph would be my priority. With your plant as tiny as it is, I would possibly consider re-potting it into a more favorable soil than to try to chenge your existing soil... which can easily go south quickly if you aren't careful or patient. I wouldn't feed anything at this stage until you get the Ph issue resolved, and even then, go very easy on the nutes... everyone seems to think nutes are like steroids. Like pizza, beer , and smoking... a little in life is a good thing while a diet of it will cause a lot of issues down the line. Go easy on the cal-mag at this point as it can further raise your Ph.
This is just my opinion based on the size of your plant. I know you have worked hard to get it to this point, but you need to have the medium correct before planting if you want to have a decent chance of having a nice crop. Keep up the good work!

Growing420

Growing420

Older leaves are beginning to look frail and discolored. Soil is at pH 7.5-7.9 (unsure but will be purchasing testing strips tomorrow) I know I need to lower pH, however should I also get nutrients to make up for alkaline soil? If so which nutrients would be most beneficial at this stage?
Lower PH to 6.5 That’s ideal

Latest posts

Top Bottom