nutrient deficiency ??

• Thread starter bigslim401
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigslim401

What's going everybody newbie here quick question?
Ok I have a 12 site uc system holding 160 gallons
My ppm is at 510 ph at 5.7 but my plants are showing signs that they need more...
I'm running house of garden line
Aqua A
Aqua B
Roots excellurator
Algen extract
Super thrive
And drip clean
Trying to bring my ppm to 600 610 but again am a newbie and need help easing it any advice would help out alot thanks

Nutrient deficiency
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

How old are your plants? Are they vegetating or flowering?

C

crossouttheiis

damn your buckets must be close to the top with water I have between 115 and 120 gallons of water in my twelve site. like jungle boy said how old are your plants? If they are younger you might want to bring your ppm down a bit. A lot of people run half to three quarter strength nutrients.

B

bigslim401

They had nutrient lockout so I basically started them over on veg im going to post a better picture so u can see the whole plant

S

Seed Buyer

Its hard to see from the pics but I think I see the beginning of some necrotic tissue. Looks the fist stages of a calcium deficiency but the House & Garden has ample calcium. So I would say you have a pH issues or possible a calcium lock out due to high salinity. Are you keeping the pH at 5.7 or allowing it to drift upwards? I would adjust ph to 5.5 and not lower until it reaches 6.3ish to allow a larger and diverse mineral absorption.

A

amstercal

Are you running r/o with no CalMg? And yes, how big are the plants? Pics of the whole plant?

B

bigslim401

Running r/o but I use super thrive
And the ph stays 5.7 never goes up never goes down unless I man bring it up and down...

CamelToeJoe

CamelToeJoe

Cal may are both best absorbed between 6-6.2 Ph. Bump your Ph up for 3-4 days. Find a hydroponic nutrient chart somewhere if you don't believe me.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

running h & g at a monolithic 5.8 produced all kinds of cal, mag, zinc and p deficiencies in my rdwc. once i went to a 5.2-6.3 swing (like i run everything else) H & G killed it.. full thread is posted in the UC section, "UC actual available Nutrient profiles" is what its called if your interested.

B

bigslim401

The only problem with the swinging is it won't swing I put it too 5.5 and it stays there I have to manualy bring it up and down...
And suggestions?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Let it ride it will eventually swing
Set it to 5.5 if your in veg and it will go up as the plants eat nutes

St3ve

St3ve

they look overall stressed also. Whats the temps, rl, light and distance?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pH (power of hydrogen) swing is based on plants releasing hydroxyl ions back into the water as they uptake nutrients. If they arnt uptaking the pH will not swing. In my exp a stable pH means your solution is too strong. however your numbers tell me it is not to strong. my UC swings from 5.2-6.3 in about 50 hours and uptakes about .3-.4 EC in the process.

what steve said. also co2 ppm?

B

bigslim401

The ppm is at 510 they were stressed hard at the begging real stressed they wernt feeling at all... But passed that now here's a rundown of my system...
4 1000Watt lights in hoods
4 8 lamp t5's
12 Site uc system
Co2
1hp chiller
Room is sealed ( 12 by 13 )
All controlled through timers and a main control panel
Also 125 pro series carbon scrubber
Room temp 80 humidity 51% water temp 68
also have a outside a/c unit with a main head in the room
And r/o machine

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Looks like slight toxicity. A flush and lower ppms should straiten that out easy.

Top Bottom