Nutrient Help For Next Grow

• Thread starter Stoney Macgyver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stoney Macgyver

Alright I'm going to be buying my supplies for my next grow soon, but I'm just stuck on what nutrients to buy. I will be growing in a 3'x1.7'x4' tent I made, with a 400w HPS, Two Plants in 3 gallon DWC system, 4 air stones in each tub(Should I put air pumps on timers?). Also I will being growing SCROG. I've grown with the FoxFarm Trio (No additives) but it's nothing special, also I've used Advance Nutrients 3 Part, and learn that I'll never use any of them again! Tatsed like Satan.... Hahaha Joking of course but it tasted horrible and was harsh, even with 5 day flush in a hydro system.
I've been leaning towards this combo, can you tell about your expreiences with each nutrient, because I'm new too all of them. Here they are:

Humboldt's Master A & B
With Humboldt's:
Big Up Powder
Deuce Deuce
Ginormous
Flavor-Ful
Honey Organic ES
Pro-Zyme
------------------
Humboldt Counties Own:
Bush Master
Gravity
Snow Storm Ultra
---------------------
And for Flush:
FloraKleen

It sounds pricey, but I found everything for about $160, and all in quart and 8oz sizes. It's only for two plants. I plan to baby them like no other! This is for complete personal use(Just to cover me while my outdoor girls are growing), I want to get the most I can possible, also the danker the better! I'm going to make sure each cola has plenty of light so even under buds get light.

But hey like I said, I haven't tried any of these before, so if you have any better suggestions please say so! Thanks for reading if you did! And be sure to watch for my grow. It will be Exodus Cheese, and LSD.:rollj:

A

AliasAO

Alright I'm going to be buying my supplies for my next grow soon, but I'm just stuck on what nutrients to buy. I will be growing in a 3'x1.7'x4' tent I made, with a 400w HPS, Two Plants in 3 gallon DWC system, 4 air stones in each tub(Should I put air pumps on timers?). Also I will being growing SCROG. I've grown with the FoxFarm Trio (No additives) but it's nothing special, also I've used Advance Nutrients 3 Part, and learn that I'll never use any of them again! Tatsed like Satan.... Hahaha Joking of course but it tasted horrible and was harsh, even with 5 day flush in a hydro system.
I've been leaning towards this combo, can you tell about your expreiences with each nutrient, because I'm new too all of them. Here they are:

Humboldt's Master A & B
With Humboldt's:
Big Up Powder
Deuce Deuce
Ginormous
Flavor-Ful
Honey Organic ES
Pro-Zyme
------------------
Humboldt Counties Own:
Bush Master
Gravity
Snow Storm Ultra
---------------------
And for Flush:
FloraKleen

It sounds pricey, but I found everything for about $160, and all in quart and 8oz sizes. It's only for two plants. I plan to baby them like no other! This is for complete personal use(Just to cover me while my outdoor girls are growing), I want to get the most I can possible, also the danker the better! I'm going to make sure each cola has plenty of light so even under buds get light.

But hey like I said, I haven't tried any of these before, so if you have any better suggestions please say so! Thanks for reading if you did! And be sure to watch for my grow. It will be Exodus Cheese, and LSD.:rollj:

Stoney, Im well versed In FF big 3 and BB and Cha- Ching, all work wonders.

Regarding your Nute quest in DWC I would go with Jacks Hydropnic with added Calcium Nitrate. And epsom salt at 1/2 gram per gallon (optional for strains that need it):

Jacks Hydroponic at 1.9 grams per gallon of water
Calcium Nitrate 1.1 grams per gallon of water
Epson salt 1/2 gram per gallon of water (optional)

Both Jack's and CA NITR are powder form which is ALOT cheaper than liquid nutes. Personally I have not applied this Nute regimen because I am still in my CoCo test but next grow I will be switching to the Hydro route and using this regimen.

If you'd like to see it in action check on SNOWBLINDS Log:

Good Luck!!

--AO

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Did you really just recommend a nute you never used for a media you have never tried growing in? Not that i think there is anything wrong with Jacks at all....

Humboldt nutrients are expensive, watered down and ineffective... Gh, Pure blend, H&G, CNS17, CES, Ionic, or dynabloom (yes i have used them all) are all good products. If you are new to hydroponics skip all additives, they will only confuse you and inhibit your growth unless you know when and how to use them.

S

Stoney Macgyver

Expensive? The least... Fox Farm is even more expensive! And watered down? Don't you mean Advance Nutrients? Nothing can be worse IMO. And by no means am I new to Hydro. If you get confused by add-on's you shouldn't be growing. I used supplements my first grow and never got confused.
But I'm very interested, because I have hear nothing but good review on all Humboldt's add-on's but never really seen anything about their base nutrient, like Master or the 3-part Series.

So did you have a bad experience with them? Or what? Because I've also used GH... My first grow.... But then I learned what I really needed. I agree that most nutrients are the same shit just different name and more expensive. Then the ones you listed, not saying those nutrients are bad, but there just basic. I don't want that. I want Danky Dank in Oz.'s upon Oz.'s. So I just want whats best.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I am not confused about nutrient profiles or additives. I ran and analyzed nearly every single one on the market while i was in agriculture school.

If you dont know the nutrient profile of your main line, and how to manipulate it, your confused already and should not be adding variables until you do understand (or advising other people about it).

What profile are you trying to achieve? What are the goals for each additive? when do you use them? Dumping 5-9 bottles of product in a rez is often counter productive.

GH is one of the most proven nutrient lines on the market, and can, on its own, grow serious fire. The fact that you couldn't make it produce tells me you don’t understand it, let alone the additives you are using. That is why i advised as i did; (i provided information that was helpful to the thread, not simply telling people to do what i do regardless of their circumstances)...

That being said my favorite profile, as i stated already is 7-10 ml cal-mag 15-18 ml pbp. That plus the fact that i use hospital grade water allows me to never use a chemical ph up or down. Me recommending this however would be silly, as i doubt anyone else reading the thread has the same water treatment system at their grow as the hospital in their city. But just to show you how i use additives....(calculations in ml/gal)

Day 1 :
pH start: 5.8
7-10 ml cal mag
.5 ml/gal protek
pH finish: 6.0 (calcium is best up-taken at above 6.)

Day 2:
pH start: 6.0
15 ml pbp
1 ml protek
pH finish 5.2

Day 7
pH start: 6.0-6.1
1 TBS open sesame(day 7), beastie bloom(day 21), cha-ching (day 35) and snowstorm (day 42)
.25 ml/gal super thrive
pH finish: 5.3

Day 10
pH start: 5.9-6.0
.5 ml Floralicious +
1 TBS per 20 gal Raw Organic sugar (week 4-8 )
pH finish: 5.7

Day 12
pH start: 6.0
optional additives include:
1) Bayer tree and shrub (if I have a pest problem)
2) Bleach (if I have an algae or bacteria problem)
New product (if i want to try something new i do it now so i don’t waste a rezz full of nutes if something goes wrong.
If all is normal i inoculate with beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae.
pH finish: 5.4

Day 14
pH start: 5.8
Dump rez and repeat profile cycle 2 more times for 8 weeks plants, 4 more times for 10 week plants

Day 42 or day 56
Dump rez
1 TBS / 12 gal raw organic cane sugar
.5ml gal floralicious plus
pH to 6

Day 44 or day 58
dump rez
1 TBS / 12 gal raw organic cane sugar
pH to 6.0

Day 47 or day 61
Dump rez
R/O water

day 50 or day 64
dump rez
R/O water

S

Stoney Macgyver

You really think I'm that ignorant? Like I would dump ten bottles of nutrients into a container and feed it with them think it would make my plants huge. I'd expect them to die within a couple hours. I know you add supplements at different times. Bush Master, Gravity are both added for 1 week or 2 if you want shorter more stacked flowers. Add Seaweed extract to supplement both of them and relieve stress added on by the product and that shit boosts your roots. I would use each product at different at different stages of flower, I would only add base nutrients and root zone supplements with every res. change.
And you run hospital grade water too? I do also, I use Kangen Water, with a pH of 5.8-6.0, so it should drift to up to around 6.2 6.3 using Higromite more alkaline that Hydroton, and that allows full nutrient uptake of Nitrogen and Phosphorus, and most of Micro.
But before I get into it anymore, I scratched that idea. I'm going with Dutch Masters Gold Line. Have you had any experience with these?

Hey whats your degree in? I will be starting this fall for a Major in Botany and Minor in Environmental Horticulture. And probably will take chemistry up to 114, or 115 to have some fun! ;) But hows the job field in the Horticulture business? Any money in it? I want to be able to own a Organic Hydroponic Farm someday in the future. And be a CA caretaker on the side( If Medical MJ is still around). With the same system.

Also I'm not trying to be a dick, just some info. Like I say, If you get pissed on something relating to weed, you must of not smoked enough.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I didnt know you could buy hospital grade water, we are thinking of selling ours. could you post/pm me some of the info?

funny you ask about school and the job because i had to quit half way through to take this job (amazing mmj project) there are some pics in the underwater culture section if your interested.. I should start to transfer to the school here for the spring.

Even funnier, i was thinking about putting agriculture on hold when i go back in favor of chem. lol.

i apologize as well, didn't mean to come off so abrasive. i think we will get along just fine.

S

Stoney Macgyver

My Mom works at a Chiropractic Clinic, and they use a Kangen Water System, its can pH to any pH you want out of the spout, also it's ionized and the water molecules have been split in half, to help absorption in the human body. Just like the idea of Aeroponics and Fogponics, the smaller the water the more it is absorbed. This water does the same but in its normal form. May not be as well, but imagine running it with a Aero or Fog system. Human bodies are Alkaline, so when we drink water around 8.0pH, it make the body function normally like a plant needs. But also it works the same with plant when pH'ed correctly. The system is very expensive though! Very popular in Japan, one in six people actually own the system over there, and every hospital is equipped with one over there also. I do have to say, I didn't think water could make you feel better.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

my water tech was telling me about that yesterday dude.... how wierd... he said it had something to do with stones though?

are you able to run your rezz w/o chemical pHing as well?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Get a 600wt. Use the lucas formulas. In the last 2 weeks of flower 1/2 strength your nutes then add a pk booster. Then flush for 10- 14 days minimum to get rid of that nasty taste. I flush every 2 weeks.

Lucas formula:
0-5-10 for floros (usually for veg)
0-8-16 for hps ( usually for flowering)
( This is using 3 part GH nutes. Grow- Micro- Bloom)

And you use this formula through veg and flower. I rep this formula cause it works great. My biggest mistake as a new grower was I spent a bunch of money on nutes I didn't need. Keep it simple.

S

Stoney Macgyver

Why in the fuck does everyone think I'm a new grower? Has anything I said indicate that I am? Haha geeze

S

Stoney Macgyver

my water tech was telling me about that yesterday dude.... how wierd... he said it had something to do with stones though?

are you able to run your rezz w/o chemical pHing as well?

Ya I guess It pH' es the water using titanium plates, so yes I can run pH'ed water in my res. without using any chemicals! Quite nice, don't you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom