Nutrient lockout pls help me!!!!’

• Thread starter Nameless_fcuk89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

So I’m pretty sure that this is nutrient lockout? My PH is on point at 5.8 and I’ve been feeding at 1000 Ppm’s. I think what happened was I watered about 2 weeks ago and didn’t have a ph meter on hand and they’ve been stagnet ever since and just getting worse. so yeah if it is nutrient lockout my question is do I flush it then right after feed or do I let the Rockwool dry first?

Nutrient lockout pls help me
Nutrient lockout pls help me 2
Nutrient lockout pls help me 3
Anthem

Anthem

I'm gonna say watered to the verge of death with way to high of ppm
Looks like the OP got the word that drain to waste with rockwool produces the best plants. I would have a hard time arguing the point but I would also say that knowledge is the key to advanced growing techniques.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Can someone pls tell me if and how the problem can be fixed?? I just watered yesterday so I need to know if I should try and flush or what?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can someone pls tell me if and how the problem can be fixed?? I just watered yesterday so I need to know if I should try and flush or what?
Can try putting them in temps around 80f flush them with 300ppm nutrient solution about a litre each then leave em to dry up a bit. No guarantees.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have florakleen shouldn’t I try and flush with just that?
Don't think you need the florakleen yet but it won't hurt.

Can flush a litre of that through then a litre of 300ppm nutrient solution.

What is the source water and ppm?

What nutrients?

Any additives?

Temps will be important at this stage young plants like a warm climate so shoot for 80f and humidity around 60%.

After flush they will still look like crap but after a few days new growth should look good if they are gonna pull through. Something g like hydrogaurd, southern ag fungicide and or enzymes like komplete or hygrozyme will also help the root systems if they have rot.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Water is at 250 ppm by its self, I’m using GH trio with cal mag, I also have Hydroguard to, thanks for the help by the way. These are my last seeds and I’m broke.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes they do have rot.
Ok 250ppm I would cut that 50/50 with RO water. No need for cal mag yet.

So cut 50/50 starting would be at 125 which is a great start point. Then add 200ppm of nutrients but keep the ratios they list. If you need help with that I can look it up and help ya.

After that add double dose of hydrogaurd 4ml per gal I think.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

I don’t have RO water should I buy a few gallons? And idk know what ratios your talking about?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don’t have RO water should I buy a few gallons? And idk know what ratios your talking about?
You can buy 5gal jugs family cheap or if you grab a RO unit can make your own. Let me grab a link to the one I use. Its cheap.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here ya go.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Ok cool, thanks. When I get my funds up I’ll definitely grab one but I got had 2 gallon jugs and I mixed those and it came out to 200 ppm and I know if I follow GH directions it’ll be in the thousands so I’m just gonna add a vet small amount with the 4 ml of Hydroguard each gallon. And I turned my temps up and humidity is at 47%. How does that sound??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok cool, thanks. When I get my funds up I’ll definitely grab one but I got had 2 gallon jugs and I mixed those and it came out to 200 ppm and I know if I follow GH directions it’ll be in the thousands so I’m just gonna add a vet small amount with the 4 ml of Hydroguard each gallon. And I turned my temps up and humidity is at 47%. How does that sound??
Mix it how they say then dilute it to the ppm. To do this start by adding half the amounts of each called for. Then add water to reduce the ppm to what you desire. This makes sure you keep the proper ratios but can adjust the ppm to your needs.

After a while you get the hang of it. Say a 5 gal res you make 2 gal mixed half strength then add 2 more gal and that will drop the ppm probably close to where ya want. That would give ya aboit 1/4 strength and ensure your ratios are good

Top Bottom