Nutrient Lockout? What do you think ?

• Thread starter jimijames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimijames

jimijames

Someone suggested that my first grow under light (Mars Hydro TS-1000) has 'textbook' nutrient lockout.
I am growing in Miracle Gro Organic compost with 15% Perlite by volume in an 8lt fabric pot.
Been feeding with BioBizz Bio-Bloom for the last four weeks, every watering. Starting at 1ml/lt to current 3ml/lt.
Temperature 73F/ 22.8C
Humidity anywhere from 40-70%, (could do with some advice on how to control this).
If it is nutrient lockout do I just flush with water and then let the soil dry out?
Nutrient lockout what do you think

Nutrient lockout what do you think 2
Nutrient lockout what do you think 3
Nutrient lockout what do you think 4
cannabiscreep

cannabiscreep

This looks like nutrient burn to me. The tips are dying, but overall the plant looks mostly healthy. In soil you dont need to feed every watering. Also use half of what the nutrient bottle says. Its always too much. I’d feed every other watering at half strength. If the tips worsen I’d cut out the feeding altogether. Keep giving it calmag but cut the flower nutrients back.

mancorn

mancorn

This isn't terrible after a month of 1-2-2 feed. What was your veg feeding? (Personally not a big believer in the whole veg/bloom feed change.)

I’m not familiar with your dirt, but a quick look online and the MG Organic Choice says: “WHERE NOT TO USE: For growing plants, vegetables or flowers in pots or containers.” Not sure if this is what you used, but guessing that non of the MG products are really designed with organics in mind. If you’re doing an organic grow, but don’t have a decent soil food web (microorganisms) it’s hard (if not impossible) for your plant to take up nutrients. Have you used any of the microbial products?

All that said, things don’t look all that bad and you should expect the plant to look more ragged the closer you get to harvest.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Which nutrient does your advisor say is being locked out, and which nutrient is causing it?

jimijames

jimijames

This isn't terrible after a month of 1-2-2 feed. What was your veg feeding? (Personally not a big believer in the whole veg/bloom feed change.)

I’m not familiar with your dirt, but a quick look online and the MG Organic Choice says: “WHERE NOT TO USE: For growing plants, vegetables or flowers in pots or containers.” Not sure if this is what you used, but guessing that non of the MG products are really designed with organics in mind. If you’re doing an organic grow, but don’t have a decent soil food web (microorganisms) it’s hard (if not impossible) for your plant to take up nutrients. Have you used any of the microbial products?

All that said, things don’t look all that bad and you should expect the plant to look more ragged the closer you get to harvest.
Hi. I'll have to do some more research on organic soil. Looking at the MG website I see they do an organic soil specifically FOR growing in pots and containers, so I guess I made the wrong choice. I might steer of MG all together, it does get varying reviews for growing weed.
The BioBizz Bio-Bloom is NPK 2-7-4 and it's the only feed I've used. I just watered through the veg.
Next grow (3 x Big Bang) ill definitely add some mycorrhizal for the roots. (Is there anything else microbial or other I should add?)
 20220620 093525
 20220620 093316

This is my first grow in 16 odd years, and was kind of put together in a hurry after being given 3 random old seeds. Only one germinated.
Thanks for your reply 🙂

jimijames

jimijames

This looks like nutrient burn to me. The tips are dying, but overall the plant looks mostly healthy. In soil you dont need to feed every watering. Also use half of what the nutrient bottle says. Its always too much. I’d feed every other watering at half strength. If the tips worsen I’d cut out the feeding altogether. Keep giving it calmag but cut the flower nutrients back.
Sadly I haven't used any calmag 🤦‍♂️
A quick look online I found Vitalink and BioBizz calmag.
Is there a particular brand you can recommend?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Sadly I haven't used any calmag 🤦‍♂️
A quick look online I found Vitalink and BioBizz calmag.
Is there a particular brand you can recommend?
MG isn't the greatest for MJ but I have used it in the past and you can get descent results if used properly. If your looking for a CalMag additive I personally prefer the Sensi Cal brand its more money than some of the cheaper brands but IMO its way better. the cheaper brands aren't as strong they are more watered down this one is more concentrated...

I

IamN2pot

Stems are red to purple, leaf tips burnt and curled. Classic signs of over feeding. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've done it. If it were mine, I'd start with a good soil flush with water to remove all the salts built up from the over feeding. It looks like you're far enough along in flower that you may be able to finish her with just pH'ed tap water. And speaking of tap water, if you are using 'city' water on your plants, odds are you're giving them plenty of Cal and Mag already.
Hope that helps,
N2

Top Bottom