Nutrient Mix with RO water

• Thread starter LSchnabel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LSchnabel

I am using RO water with ZERO TDS/ec and I will be growing in soil. Happyfrog/Ocean Forest and worm casting.

I will be using General Hydroponics Flora Series. Grow, Bloom, Cool Bloom, Fluralichious and CalMag. What order should I mix these in? And is it benifical since I have ZERO TDS water to always ad CalMag

Thank you

Z

Zill

If you’re growing in soil why spend money on RO water? Kind of pricey.

P

Putthataway

I have used ocean forest and build a soil 3.0 using reverse osmosis water. I always seemed to be chasing some type of deficiency on both. I am always watching on this site and many have stated that you need the other minerals in your water. So this grow I switched to tap at the advice of our peers on here. I got high chlorine so I do let it off gas for at least 24 hours. I noticed a huge improvement. I wasn’t chasing anything until the end of veg with a mag deficiency. With ro something was wrong on one plant.

N

Natep

Don’t bother with ro in soil. Get just a carbon filter to remove chlorine from water. They sell ones for rv. They are cheap like 15 bucks.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Heheh I read these comments, I look back at my water in Mexico and I’m like nah I’m good, RO it is 😂

Choppr

Choppr

If you have RO installed in your home RO is fine, most modern nutrients (flora series) will have enough (cal/nit) calcium nitrate in the base formulas, but with RO I would add a couple ml every 3rd watering, like others have said RO isnt necessary in soil especially if your paying for it? Im in Coco and DWC, I use Salt Nutrient (megacrop), with RO I add my nutrient and I know exactly whats in my water in elemental ppms at all times, I water to run-off which is basically a "flush and fill" each watering resetting the Rhizo with a fresh nutrient solution, I know whats in my media at all times pH/ppm/ec - I grew in soil for 20 years and grew bangers! but "never knew exactly" what was in my soil after a few weeks in Veg or several wks into flower? (the build up of nutrient salts) I cant stand the lack of control in Soil. Some of Us are just Control Freaks! lol In Engineering we call this "Process Control" if you dont have full measurable Control of the Process you're "Wingin It" and Wingin It will get you Fired! Measurable DATA must be collected! lol, Installing RO is a 30 min job now days....(in bold is just to answer your question) right on!

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I am using RO water with ZERO TDS/ec and I will be growing in soil. Happyfrog/Ocean Forest and worm casting.

I will be using General Hydroponics Flora Series. Grow, Bloom, Cool Bloom, Fluralichious and CalMag. What order should I mix these in? And is it benifical since I have ZERO TDS water to always ad CalMag

Thank you
I use RO with the Canna Terra line and i grow in peatmoss
I use ro because my EC is 900 out of the tap or 450ppm

What i do is use Calmag to get it up to 450 EC
Then add Rootbooster
Veg and bloom

Ph it and then water
i have no deficiencies it works like a dream

Top Bottom