Nutrient N00b

• Thread starter MightyStoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MightyStoner

So will I need any more nutes for a DWC?
What I've got.
PBP grow/bloom
Liquid Karma
Silicia Blast
Clearex

My city water is good for cal and mag according to the local hydro shop.

Also should I use the ratios on the bottles or what?

S

shdowlkr

Ive used PBP in hydro, if you have a PPM pen, use it to determine how much to use.
I'd start mine off at around 300ppm of just PBP veg and by flower would only be up to 700-750. Mid flower 900 or so, but all of that will depend on your plants and how they feed.
no experience on the others..

M

MightyStoner

Is that w/ro water though?? My ppm starts at around 250 maybe less before I ever put anything in.

S

shdowlkr

Those numbers I listed are the amount of change from tap. My tap runs approx 91ppm.
The pen would read around 400ppm when I started them, so just over 300ppm of nutrient.

L

Lost

MS - You are right in the zone where you might want to consider Reverse Osmosis water. You might want to use a little Cal-Mag in your mix as well. More if your using r/o water, less with your tap water..

A great way to mix nutes is the following..

I start with a 1 gallon jug and fill it 3/4 with r/o water. I then add all of the nutes according to reccommended dosages per gallon as if it were 10 gallons. So now you have all of your nutes ready to go.. Grab you ppm pen and keep adding the nute mix untill you hit your desired ppm. That way you don't get 1/2 way thru adding your nutes and realize your at 1800 ppm and still have not added the other 1/2 of the shiz needed in your mix.. Try to use all of it, i never store the left overs. I add it to my palm trees outside if I mixed up too much..

Top Bottom