Nutrient needs for specific strains??

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I've got a gelato,a detroit lemonade and a few gorilla glue outside. All are in 15 gal smart pots,ocean forest medium.
Gelato is going great,lemonade is doing ok considering it got beat up twice from 2 tornadoes we were hit with close by within a month. The gorilla glue are acting up on me though. Yellowing leaves on inside of them. I do fox farm nutes on the light side every 2nd or 3rd watering and only just started those about a month ago.
All plants get the same attention,plenty of light etc.
Do gorilla glue maybe require a bit more nitrogen? Pic of yellow leaf on gg yet all look quite healthy
Nutrient needs for specific strains
Nutrient needs for specific strains
Nutrient needs for specific strains 2

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Well in pots that small for plants that large your going to need lots and lots of nutes. What are you feeding? All your plants could use a lot more N and the one on the right is severely thirsty, the one on the left has good perk and with dialing your water in the outer two should look the same.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I have been using fox farm nutes. I got a little lax on watering thinking we've had so much rain but I checked and pots were light so that one is on me. I just soaked them thoroughly!!
I upped the nitrogen and going back to an every other day nutes regimen. Thanks for the input!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks to me like normal plant shedding of leaves. After about 60 days you can commonly see this as the leaves age they get less efficient and the plant will suck what it wants out of them and drop em.

With them being the largest oldest and shaded leaves I would expect to see this.

Just my take on it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe I should add my reasons... notice the petiole on all the other leaves are erect (save the joke please lol), now the ones in question are drooping. This tells me the plants is specifically not feeding these leaves as they are no longer a benefit to the plant and therefore must go.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Just wondered why the gorilla glue are the ones acting up. To be safe I upped the nitrogen a bit and will continue on from there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo yeah... just wait till they pull off easy. Then you don't have a damaged area that's easier to infect. I mean the risk is miniscule but the plant will drop it when it's done. A light tug and they prob come right off.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Thanks aqua man...new to all this and specifically using clones. I just ask questions,read what I can and hope for the best.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Looks to me like normal plant shedding of leaves. After about 60 days you can commonly see this as the leaves age they get less efficient and the plant will suck what it wants out of them and drop em.

With them being the largest oldest and shaded leaves I would expect to see this.

Just my take on it.
This ^^^

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Just wondered why the gorilla glue are the ones acting up. To be safe I upped the nitrogen a bit and will continue on from there.
It is possible GG wants a little more of one thing or another. Strains can differ a lot in nutrient and pH needs.

I have a strain right now that demands I sacrifice a chicken at the flip, or it will be displeased.

Latest posts

Top Bottom