Nutrient Questions....????

• Thread starter LiQwid559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LiQwid559

So, I'm basically a noob! I have been growing for about a year now. I grow purple kush, kryptonite, sweet tooth, purple dank, and I just came across some blue kush. A cross between purple kush and blueberry. I run Happy Frog soil and run base Fox Farm nutrients throughout the whole veg and flower. During flower I run Humboldt products like Gravity and Purple Maxx, with some advanced nutrients super bud blaster as well. I keep it pretty simple, but I really want to double my yield. I run 4 plants a yield in 5 gallon pots and I have been able to yield qp's per plant, but I'd really like to yield a little bit more running the same setup. I'd also love to hear what you guys are running as far as a nutrient regiment goes? Like week by week? Do you cut back one nutrient and start using another? I find that the majority of the nutrients out there, are basically using the same thing, phosphorous, potassium, potash, etc. Should you run different nutrients congruently like purple maxx and gravity? I also heard that if you run molasses in the last couple of weeks you will get 20% more bud. It helps swell the buds up? Is this true? Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks! Oh! and I'm running indoor under 2- 1,000W HPS for flower.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

If you're already using a hot soil like Happy Frog then you shouldn't have to fertilize at all (during the vegetative growth stage at least). You've probably been stunting your plants by overfertilizing this whole time.

The nutrient cocktails that we add to our plants are akin to what vitamins are for our own health. The actual food that the plant "eats" are sugars produced during photosynthesis. While many of these nutrients are essential, it's important to understand their purpose. You wouldn't eat a handful of Flintstone's Chewables every day of your life and expect to be healthier than if you ate the recommended single tablet, and overuse of nutrients works similarly.

Top Bottom