Nutrient Requirements for Mothers in Hydro?

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

So I've been keeping a 4x4 E/F tray under 2x 8bulb T5s. Moms stay good for the most part. I like to run the nutes a bit on the weakside, until a week before I need clones. I've been having issues keeping the moms from getting real woody. I'm feeding H&G nutes, and I've found keeping them high on P and K (i.e. bloom formula/booster) keeps them looking healthier and keeps the stems from getting too woody. I am wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with hydro moms, or if anyone has any better ideas.

My schedule for moms now is:
H&G Aquaflakes
Silica Blast
Algen Extract
Floralicious Plus
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean

Keeping EC around 0.6-0.8, and around 1.1.-1.2 before taking cuts.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I don't have nearly as much experience as you GM but with a mild lucas formula (0-5-10)my 2 moms stay luscious and flexible (for lack of a better word). Use root excel and drip clean usually but I ran out of both (need to get some more just lazy) so I added diamond nector till I go to the store. Both clone at 90% success rate. They're kept in 1 gallon coco pots, hand fed under 2 t8's. Works for me. How about you guys?

DSCN1574

Those lights have 2 white bulbs now. Took the red ones out.

true grit

true grit

Hey Mopho have you messed around at all with the Mother Plant stuff?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

did the mother/hydro thing for a bit, after like 6 months i started having gnat probs(obivously my fault). the stuff in giant rockwool cubes ended up root bound. pulled a coco plant out at the same time and in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket had 2 inches of root mass built up. BUG HEAVEN. chopped the roots, transplanted to soil and never looked back.
moral of the story is drop the roots excel, its good stuff but can lead to stuff being root bound, only for your moms obviously
1 x 400w metal hallide on a mover covering a 10 ft area

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I was wondering if anybody tried the mother plant stuff either

I have 4 quarts of samples - lol

I been using

dm 2 part
cal mag
protek silica

dark energy - thrive alive (with just water - no nutes)

true grit

true grit

Yeah me too Motherlode. Moms are in coco, running low amounts of Sensi base, calplex, and drip clean. I actually had to drop dark energy cuz they were blowing up a bit too quick.

G

greenbastards

Mopho, all that sounds like its gettin pricey... I just use supernatural gro aqua... Simple one part.. And thats all i use. Keeps my mom super healthy. The shit's packed full of calcium, and i always get strong cuttings off her and its low in the p and k's so im not pushing into bloom at all...... a 400g is like 25$. Keeps her going for months.

D

dr.roots

from growing a bunch of mothers in coco/hydro/soil.. when i do hydro moms, i always give a larger PK dose than the N...

I used aqua flakes A+B .. A at 3ml per gallon and B at 6 ml per gallon. Works great, make sure to add a little bit of calmag. letting the pH fluctuate from 5.5 ~ 6.0 always helps. Make sure to run a root conditioner like dutch master Zone, or a little bit of h202 once in a while.

of course hygrozyme, and any soluble root goodies such as soluble seaweed.

I have noticed, when i use more of a natural nutrient such as botanicare pure blend pro bloom the plants look MUCH better, and the clones root a lot better keep the leaves nice and green.

As for the Mother Plant nutrients, they work great too but i wouldn't follow what their feeding chart. I would go 4ml A and 6ml B, with 4ml Calmag. This always proved to produce dark green, healthy mothers.

Also 2 days before you take cuts, just feed them nothing but the B (which is the P-K) and 2ml calmag.

Top Bottom