Nutrient Schedules for the Under Current System

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I don't know but everyone I see and almost every thread I have read they all run low to mid ppm any where from 400-1000ppm this my first UC grow and I had root white slim in the beginning when my clones were very young. In flower out the grate my ppms were high at 1400 ppm now I'm at mid week 7 my ppm are 1900 ppm don't know why there so high but seem to be working no root problem they are growing nice buds are nice next run I am going to run much much lower ppm to see if it make any differnce.

But here's my schedule
Week 1
H&G. 4ml/ gal
Cal-mag 3ml/ gal
H202 2ml/ gal
Epsom salt 1gr/ gal
Open sesame 1/2tsp/ gal
Protek to. 5.4 PH

Week 3
Flush
H&G 6ml/gal
Cal-mag. 4ml/gal
H202. 2ml/gal
Epsom salt. 1gr/gal
Bid Bud. .5gr/gal
Protek. To. 5.2 PH

And flush every 2 weeks and repeat nutes with big bud

Next week I will be everything will be the same but instead of big bud I will be using Overdrive for10 days then flush with 0 ppm for 5 days

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Thanks for the post rex. one question, you use Protek "the silicon solution" for your pH adjustment?
Peace,
Ham

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Yes I use it for ph up cause all those nutes drop my ph down to the low 4s or high 3s so I use the Protek to up the ph to 5.2

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yes I use it for ph up cause all those nutes drop my ph down to the low 4s or high 3s so I use the Protek to up the ph to 5.2

Ph drop? IMHO that's a sign of high ppms and could be asking for the claw or some root isues... I hope not, best of luck to you and your girls... My first UC run I pushed my ppms past 1000, after talking with Jack and CCHQ I dropped in half the next week and the growth was amazing, I thought my girls were doing good... hahaha...

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Yes thank for the info what I meant was that when I initially when I mix my nutes 0ppm water than my H&G bid bud h202 cal-mag Epsom salt my ph is very low so I Protek to 5.2 after that my ph swings to 6.3 than I ph down to 5.2 again

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I'm almost done entering week 8 and starting overdrive at week 9 for 10 days than flush like googlebud said for 5 days my next run I am going to run max half of what I am running now to see if I see a Hugh differnce

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yes thank for the info what I meant was that when I initially when I mix my nutes 0ppm water than my H&G bid bud h202 cal-mag Epsom salt my ph is very low so I Protek to 5.2 after that my ph swings to 6.3 than I ph down to 5.2 again

aha now that's the ticket and makes since... :)

H

hippietrip

Well this is my new schedule

PH 5.3 - 6.2
Veg
thru day 10
Triflex base & grow 1/3 strength of label for clones 350-400 ppm
Aquashield at 3ml per gal
Roots excelurater at 1 ml per gal

day 10 thru ?
flush system
Triflex base and grow 450-500 ppm
Aquashield 3 ml per gal
Roots excel 1 ml per gal

Ill up the nutes as the plants need it thru veg & add the aquashield & roots excel every 7-10 days.

Bloom
PH 5.5 - 6.2
Day 1
Triflex base grow bloom 1/2 strength of label 650 ppm
Aqaushield 3 ml per
Roots excel 1 ml per

Day 5
Add ro water to drop ppm to 500
Budignitor 6 ml per gal
Total ppm 650

Day 14 - 42
Flush
Triflex base & bloom 600 ppm
Aquashield 3 ml per
Roots excel 1 ml (last application)
Bigbud 6 ml per gal
Total ppm 750
Ill add Aquashield every 7-10 days

Day 42- 56
Triflex base & bloom 650 - 700 ppm
Overdrive at 6 ml per
Total ppms 800-850
Aquashield every 7-10 days

Day 56
Flush pure ro water until finished

This is based on a 9 weeks strain

BG
How did you like your results with this regimen? Specifically bud quality and density?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Bud quality and density was great but then again I have never had a problem with quality or bud density with any nutes I have ran. Im pretty sure its mostly the strain that gives you that unless something is majorly wrong

H

hippietrip

Bud quality and density was great but then again I have never had a problem with quality or bud density with any nutes I have ran. Im pretty sure its mostly the strain that gives you that unless something is majorly wrong

Thanks. The ppms you gave... Was that that on the 700 scale?

H

hippietrip

Live res, no real rez changes, only top off and add-backs. Never go above 800-900 ppm. Allow for pH swing anywhere between 5.2-6.7. Anything outside of that range, and there would be a need to either adjust or change the solution, depending on the plant/root health. I am always messing with my recipe, going for full flavor, playing with organics.

10 week strain:

Week 1-2:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
1/4-1/2 tsp per gal of MgSO4 (Epsom Salts...depends on the strain, ECSD loves this!)
Multizyme
Hygrozyme
EWC Tea
Sprinkle of 10-10-2 Guano
Sprinkle of Great White or other hydro-friendly myco supplement

700-750 ppm

This kind of helps jump start em right after transplant!

Week 3:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Bud XL
650-700ppm

If plants are stretching too much, 0.5 mL per gal of Bloombastic, if that!

Week 4-5:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Bud XL
CalMag+
Bloombastic 1mL per gal
700-800ppm

The Bloombastic is the only thing that causes pH swing around this time, thats why I don't add it at recommended strength. The live cultures in Bloombastic seem to like to drop the pH, but don't worry, its not root rot, you just need to reinforce it with epsom salts and/or calmag as a salt buffer, and then a live culture that raises pH, like the ewc tea, aquashield, etc. If ya feel the need, dump the res, or just pH up with Silica, and add Root Excel.

Week 6-7:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Top Booster
CalMag+
800ppm

Week 8:
Dump 2/3-3/4 of res, fill with clean water, adjust pH
Hygrozyme
Drip Clean
EWC Tea (very little)
350-550 ppm

Week 9:
Flush with Drip Clean, sometimes a little bit of Hygrozyme
150-250 ppm

Week 10:
Flush with only clean water
0-100 ppm

When doing a live res with no change-outs, Aquashield and Root Excel are your friends. I run it a bit longer than recommended, but it helps level off pH and keeps roots white & healthy till the end! I left out the Aquashield because I have been playing with or without it using the H&G line. I still prefer to add it, but it seems if I just add a few drops of Root Excel with every other top-off, add back...so peak bloom, around every 3-4 days, I get the same effect! I'm trying out a new bacillus source, called "Companion for Hydro". Its a bit thick and gunky, but supposedly made for hydro, and hella-concentrated....1 oz to 30 gals. Also, going to try adding Earth Ambrosia & Earth Nectar from week 1 at 1/4 tsp per gal each, and keep running it through until week 8.
What scale are you using for ppms?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Not sure how I missed this GREAT thread!! Awesome information!!

Our feeding regiments has currently been narrowed to three basic nutrient systems for the UC testing.....and as of late it has been a struggle to decide which to use hehehe

Here they are in no particular order -

Shiva 2 Part Complete Nutrient System by Crop Hydro

The first and most easiest is using the base nutrients Shiva part A&B made by Crop Hydro based out of Australia. You use the same 2 part formula for both GROW and BLOOM stages.

By far the cleanest formula ever used as both parts look almost clear as water and smell of citrus...they use no "ammonia based anything" in there formula as well as true "pharmaceutical grade" source materials and it makes one hell of a difference in several areas of a grow. Lots of companies claim they use the best source materials but this is one of the few that actually DOES. No additives of any kind like Cal/Mag are used or needed with this 2 part system. Only H202 29% used @ 2ml per gallon is used one day before a tank change out. No flushing period required.

Following the online calculators which are also the most detailed and complete nutrient calculators of its class in existence we usually top out at 600 to 800PPM (x500) as max nutrient levels. More often than not we top out at about 600ppm.

Veg+Bloom 1 Part Complete Powder Nutrient System by Hydroponic-Research

This product is used about the same way as the first one mentioned. Peak or max nutrient levels top out a little higher at between 800 to 1000PPM. Very complete formula that is used from start to finish as well (grow & flowering stages) and requires no additional additives at all to achieve better than optimal results. Very easy to use and complete formula, and very high end sources are used for the starting materials.

No Cal/Mag or any other additives needed with this nutrient system either. I sure as hell will never miss buying Cal/Mag again, or worse running out in the middle of grow and needing more....

Veg+Bloom also offers a custom formula or version that is "ammonia free" as well which from my experience has shown to make huge differences in water culture systems like the UC, especially if your running a "sterile" system.

Veg+Bloom carries the very best (bio-active) fulvic isolate compound in the formula. It also comes complete with a full array of amino acids, and vitamins found in other additive type products like root inoculates for example. Veg+Bloom has it all!

They also have hard water and RO water versions and will even accept a sample of your water for analyzing to help determine which formula would be best for your source water.

Note: Shiva and Veg+Bloom are the only two nutrient companies that we have found or tested that were "ammonia free". According to some of the leading groups in Agriculture and hydroponic research of plant nutrients, there is some evidence to support that better results are achieved with water culture systems that ran sterile with no organic compounds in the formula that would need conversions to be "plant ready".

Ionic Bloom by Hydrodynamics International

Last but not least is Ionic Bloom 1 part complete (sorta) formula is used for both grow and flowering stages, and then the PK Boost product from them is also used for flowering. This formula requires very little additions of Cal/Mag during certain phases of a grow like the transitional stages at the start of flower where extra nitrogen is needed by the plant for the accelerated growth spurts.....

Biggest complaint or reason this Ionic formula is not used more is simply because of the concentration or lack of concentration in the products. They are a bit watered down you could say and require the largest doses out of anything we use.

Overall it is a great working product that works especially well in the UC system, bottom line.....it is super easy to use and somewhat "forgiving" which means there is a little room for error. Perfect formula for growers just starting out in a UC system.

There ya have it....there is a 4th formula but I will not mention or suggest it really at this point as it is still being tested/evaluated and developed but I will mention that it deals with "Bio-Char" and ACT Tea's as the main ingredients and you use NO NUTRIENTS at all but instead only feed the biology in the solution which will in turn provide food for the plants...so far it looks very promising as you are basically turning your UC into a large ACT tea brewer!!

Be Well
HR

J

Jekyllnhydro

Live res, no real rez changes, only top off and add-backs. Never go above 800-900 ppm. Allow for pH swing anywhere between 5.2-6.7. Anything outside of that range, and there would be a need to either adjust or change
the solution, depending on the plant/root health. I am always messing with my recipe, going for full flavor, playing with organics.

10 week strain:

Week 1-2:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
1/4-1/2 tsp per gal of MgSO4 (Epsom Salts...depends on the strain, ECSD loves this!)
Multizyme
Hygrozyme
EWC Tea
Sprinkle of 10-10-2 Guano
Sprinkle of Great White or other hydro-friendly myco supplement

700-750 ppm

This kind of helps jump start em right after transplant!

Week 3:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Bud XL
650-700ppm

If plants are stretching too much, 0.5 mL per gal of Bloombastic, if that!

Week 4-5:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Bud XL
CalMag+
Bloombastic 1mL per gal
700-800ppm

The Bloombastic is the only thing that causes pH swing around this time, thats why I don't add it at recommended strength. The live cultures in Bloombastic seem to like to drop the pH, but don't worry, its not root rot, you just need to reinforce it with epsom salts and/or calmag as a salt buffer, and then a live culture that raises pH, like the ewc tea, aquashield, etc. If ya feel the need, dump the res, or just pH up with Silica, and add Root Excel.

Week 6-7:
H&G Aquaflakes A&B
Root Excelurator
Drip Clean
Top Booster
CalMag+
800ppm

Week 8:
Dump 2/3-3/4 of res, fill with clean water, adjust pH
Hygrozyme
Drip Clean
EWC Tea (very little)
350-550 ppm

Week 9:
Flush with Drip Clean, sometimes a little bit of Hygrozyme
150-250 ppm

Week 10:
Flush with only clean water
0-100 ppm

When doing a live res with no change-outs, Aquashield and Root Excel are your friends. I run it a bit longer than recommended, but it helps level off pH and keeps roots white & healthy till the end! I left out the Aquashield because I have been playing with or without it using the H&G line. I still prefer to add it, but it seems if I just add a few drops of Root Excel with every other top-off, add back...so peak bloom, around every 3-4 days, I get the same effect! I'm trying out a new bacillus source, called "Companion for Hydro". Its a bit thick and gunky, but supposedly made for hydro, and hella-concentrated....1 oz to 30 gals. Also, going to try adding Earth Ambrosia & Earth Nectar from week 1 at 1/4 tsp per gal each, and keep running it through until week 8.

I am interested in your progress with undercurrent nutes. Are you still using the same line up? Or have you found a better recipe?

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

I'm super interested in what hydro rocks said. The first two nutrient lines sound great. I've been using jacks hydroponics products and am wondering how these compare.
Also I'm interested in the bio char and ACT teas that were mentioned. Let me know how this works out!

My current formula is Jacks hydroponic powder.
Hydro 5-12-26 at 3 grams per gallon
Calcium nitrate at 1.8 grams per gallon
epsom salts at 1 gram a gallon
I run this from veg all the way to the end
flush for a week or two at the very end
start at maybe 500 ppms and depending on strain might end up around 1400 ppms on a .700 scale

F

FooDoo

4ml CalMag+
4ml GH Micro
9ml GH Bloom

That's ml per gallon RO

Gets me to the N-p-k-mg-ca of 85-60-102-53-98.

Nice and lean. With 4-4-9 mixed into one gallon of RO the TDs comes out to 710.

So my max ppm is 710 @ 500 conversion .

I start at 25% strength of 180ppm week 1 veg and slowly increase until I reach 100% around week 5 or 6 of bloom.

No rez changes or nute dumps. Notta.

IMG 20141001 154115545

Deadhead OG week 5 @ 600 ppm (.5 conversion)

DWCgrower

DWCgrower

4ml CalMag+
4ml GH Micro
9ml GH Bloom

That's ml per gallon RO

Gets me to the N-p-k-mg-ca of 85-60-102-53-98.

Nice and lean. With 4-4-9 mixed into one gallon of RO the TDs comes out to 710.

So my max ppm is 710 @ 500 conversion .

I start at 25% strength of 180ppm week 1 veg and slowly increase until I reach 100% around week 5 or 6 of bloom.

No rez changes or nute dumps. Notta.

View attachment 446696

Deadhead OG week 5 @ 600 ppm (.5 conversion)

FooDoo

how are you going to keep your PPM's that low if lets say your UC system is 365gal ? I mean If I would put that in mine UC my PPM's would be over 1500 or more

Top Bottom