Nutrients and Co2

• Thread starter TrichCrazy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichCrazy

TrichCrazy

This is aimed at soil, soiless and coco growers. Since light, co2 and nutrients required for fast growth rise in direct ratio to each other where to you max out on nutrient levels? My biggest fear is over feeding my plants but in my newly renovated accelerated grow space i noticing they are asking for more. I typically feed around 1000-1200max ppm and i start to get weary even at that point.

Was curious if people who switched from a typical passive air system to completely sealed environment noticed a serious change in the plants metabolism and need for nutrients? All that runs through my mind is the ol saying "go to much you gonna have to flush"!

Thanks!!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Noticed a huge uptick in metabolism and nutrient/water needs when I switched over to my sealed rooms. Still workin with a couple strains to get em totally dialed in. And don't let em get behind and start showing def's or youll never catch back up. MGG

Tuku

Tuku

Yep, they'll want more for sure. Don't switch unless you're willing to up the inputs.

TrichCrazy

TrichCrazy

Noticed a huge uptick in metabolism and nutrient/water needs when I switched over to my sealed rooms. Still workin with a couple strains to get em totally dialed in. And don't let em get behind and start showing def's or youll never catch back up. MGG

It took me a minute to figure that out to be honest. I was used to seeing plants in a NON co2 enriched environment begin to show deficiencies which is a much more gradual process, i could see the onset and then feed accordingly. I figured that 1000-1200ppm would be sufficient for regular feedings. Everything i have ever read in the past and from experience those levels were the maximum i should be feeding. But there is not a lot of information in books about completely sealed environments, at least not that i have found?? I am learning from experience with no outside help and its been a tough year honestly.

I have been using Botanicare Pure blend pro for a long time and it always worked very well for me. Im starting to think i need to either double my dose of that or step up to something that i can monitor feedings more accurately with. According to botanicare the fact that that nutrient is derived from organic material that ppm meters will not give accurate readings. So considering using there new mineral based nutrient the Kind.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I know the feeling. Been learning the sealed room as I go myself. Ran traditional intake/exhaust rooms with no issues for years. I've learned one thing...I don't think its possible to feed em enough in soil to pump CO2 @ high levels. (over 1200ppm)

Top Bottom