Nutrients For Mothers?

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Jdog here,
I'm running veg bloom in my rock wool set up, but I really don't know what to be feeding my mothers? I want them to be very healthy but I don't want them to necessarily be growing as vigorously as my plants that I'm vegging. What to you folks do? I want something basic, maybe a tea or a 1 or 2 part nutrient that will set me. Any advice appreciated

420bassmastr

420bassmastr

Hydrodynamics mother plant part A an B, has worked good for me.

N

Nog

What? They are putting out special fertilizers for mother plants now? And part A and B? Which means you actually have to buy two bottles instead of one.
Just for a mother plant.

These grow fertilizer suppliers are trading on peoples naivety, getting people to buy a separate product for every minute part of growing.

You just need something high in N and low in K so the mother plants stay in veg and don't think about flowering.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Jacks hydro (321) and weekly teas, like all the other veg plants, except the moms stay at 1.5ec for the most part while the younger ones get from 1.0-1.3 ec if necessary.

420bassmastr

420bassmastr

What? They are putting out special fertilizers for mother plants now? And part A and B? Which means you actually have to buy two bottles instead of one.
Just for a mother plant.

These grow fertilizer suppliers are trading on peoples naivety, getting people to buy a separate product for every minute part of growing.

You just need something high in N and low in K so the mother plants stay in veg and don't think about flowering.

I've got a good friend,with free samples. I'm not paid to push it. Just sharing what's worked for me.

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

I feed mine plain old Fox Farms Big Bloom (liquid bat shit and norwegian kelp and worm castings, etc), all organic, and I just give them less of it and less intense light than I do everything else in Veg.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Thanks for all the responses. I went out and bought Mills 2 part, that was before reading all of these replys. I notice in a 2 part formula you add equal parts throughout the whole grow, as someone mentioned about i should get a fert with high N & K, would using a fertilizer non specific to a veg cycle like mine potentially cause pre flowers in the future or some kind of negative effect?

N

Nog

You can always just prune the mother plant way back if it gets too big for your space.
It will regrow.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Omg.... Tee hee too funny, I love the way he tied those plants down. Gotta try that;)
And my veg bloom is for hydro, you can't interchange soil/hydro nutes right?

N

Nog

Omg.... Tee hee too funny, I love the way he tied those plants down. Gotta try that;)
And my veg bloom is for hydro, you can't interchange soil/hydro nutes right?

I don't know, I have wondered that myself.

I suppose you could, just dilute it with water, I don't know at what ratio, but I think at a lower ratio than with hydroponics, as you would not be feeding them with it each day, just maybe once every two weeks.

I mean I use water soluble fertilizer, just put a spoon or two in a watering can and dissolve it and mix it up, so I suppose hydroponics fertilizers would be the same.

I just don't like the prices of hydroponic fetilizers, when all they probably are is NPK and trace elements, like all fertilizers, and I don't think there is any secret ingredient they can put in that will give you bigger buds.

farmboi

farmboi

Just curious if you knew of any other nutrient lines that are specifically made for mothers. From my research, ratios do alter how the plant performs different tasks. Blows my mind people think they don't tbh. I was about to come up with my own blend with the botanicare kind solution before I read this comment lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom