Nutrients for the Undercurrent System ... Which way to go ???

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

New to UC. I am slowly but surely figuring out and ironing out and learning all the necessary components for a successful run.

With regards to Nutrients, I have narrowed my choice down to House & Garden and UC's own line Cultured Solutions.

I am wanting a nutrient that will be easy to use and effective for growth and to keep the nasty slimed and such away.

Which line do you guys suggest for ease and effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences :)

UC Quest

UC Quest

For those running Cultured Soloutions, are you experiencing any brown root slime, or does the UC a Roots effectively eliminate those issues and concerns ?

Do you find yourselves having to add anything extra over and above The Cultured Solution Line ? If so what products and why please ?

Thanks so much for sharing this information as I believe choosing the right line of nutrients is a key role in the success of a UC grow :)

UC Quest

UC Quest

I did get slimed, ever so lightly but slime all the same. This is my first run and there is so much to learn, so things are coming up and as they do I am learning from them, and discovering how to make sure the same issues do not arise again, as it's a real drag when your full steam ahead and you get a road bump that sets you back.

I can't wait to hit the UC system out of the ball park. This is such an exciting and interesting journey, soon to be a rewardable one :)

UC Quest

UC Quest

Are EWC's beneficial bacteria ? If so won't the UC Roots and or DM Zone cancel out the EWC ?

How would I mix up EWC to put into the UC system ?

Temps are fine thanks to 2 - 10 ton Hydro Innovation Chillers and Cool Coils :)

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Are EWC's beneficial bacteria ? If so won't the UC Roots and or DM Zone cancel out the EWC ?

you cant use both ewc tea and dm zone or cs root... I have had succsessful results with DM zone, Aquashield, and CS roots.... However this last grow i used Caps bennies (Ogbiowar) and my roots were freaking amazing.. plant growth rate and health were noticeable better with using the bennies instead of the zone or roots... check out my thread in capulators benneficials section.. If u had a small problem with slime in the past the tea should be a no brainer for you.. It works amazing

as for the tea recipe follow capulators and add 1 cup per 5 gallons of water straight into your epicenter bucket... so in a 72 gallon system add about 15cups of tea

UC Quest

UC Quest

Baby Hughie, thanks for your replies. So are you using Cultured Solutions without the UC Roots and using Cap Bennies instead of the UC Roots ?

I have a 20 bucket system each 13 gallon size. That's a bunch of tea continually being made ...

I so wish there was a guide or a book that could be purchased to steer a new UC user in the right direction ........

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Good thing about teas is it takes very little so you'd only need to make a 2-4 gallons per application.

UC Quest

UC Quest

One moment I decide to use Cultured Solutions and then the next moment House & Garden.

I think I will wait for my Cap Bennies (ogbiowar) to arrive and see how it clears things up with my present House & Garden run.

I just want something simple and effective ....

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Baby Hughie, thanks for your replies. So are you using Cultured Solutions without the UC Roots and using Cap Bennies instead of the UC Roots ?

I have a 20 bucket system each 13 gallon size. That's a bunch of tea continually being made ...

I so wish there was a guide or a book that could be purchased to steer a new UC user in the right direction ........

yes i only use Cultured Solutions a+b and caps bennie tea... No CS Roots or anything else... As for the tea you will need to make 3.25 gallons of tea for each application each week..

So for the tea recipe you will need
4 gallons RO water or water thats sat out for 24hrs
4 table spoon root pack
4 table spoons foliar pack
about 60-70ml of unsulphered black strap molasses
2 handfulls of earth worm casting

put the earth worm castings in a cut leg of panty hose, tie off the open end and drop it in the bucket like a big tea bag... All the other stuff just dump in the water.. get yourself a decent sized air pump and a few air stones and let it all brew for 24hrs... After 24hrs take the air stones out let all the stuff floating around sink to the bottom or filter with cheese cloth or strainer... Add 3.25 gallons directly into your epicenter bucket and use any leftover as a nice foliar spray... Easy peasy lemon sqeazy

also is good to do complete water/nutrient change every 7-9 days... have the tea brewing to add when u do the change each week... Hope this helps

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks Baby Hughie, thank you big time !!!! You have been very supportive and helpful sine I became involved in the UC scene. Thanks again :)

I only ordered the Root Pack not the Foliar Pack. Is the Foliar pack necessary ?

Do teas raise nutrient ppm's ?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Thanks Baby Hughie, thank you big time !!!! You have been very supportive and helpful sine I became involved in the UC scene. Thanks again :)

I only ordered the Root Pack not the Foliar Pack. Is the Foliar pack necessary ?

Do teas raise nutrient ppm's ?

No problem my friend.. The foliar pack isn't totally necessary but I would recomend using it... It's got a lot of good bennies in it to help the plants uptake all the available nutrients in your nutrient solution and maximize overall plant health.. No the tea won't raise PPM at all... Also if you do order it use the coupon code FARMER and it'll give you quite a bit of a discount..

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks for the code. I ll use it next time. I ordered 1kg of the Root Pack :)))))

Capfan

Capfan

Indeed it would, if you choose to not go sterile ( DM zone, UC roots, etc etc ), then the tea is the other option.

tweedy

tweedy

Has anyone run current solutions through a nute calculator yet? Pretty simple ingredient list for the raw salters on the farm.

Top Bottom