Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Somtimes

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Not sure how many of you order your nutrients online like I do, can't really get out for them and as a rule, it seems that they're usually cheaper. For a while now I've been using a couple of the OG Tea products, the Veganic Special Sauce and the Root WebStar and last month I finally pulled the trigger on a bag of the Pure from them to complete the trio.
$50+ for a one pound bag of any nutrients is a lot for me to spend but, those products are outstanding and a bag should last me over a year easily.

So here's the point, if you do buy any nutrients on Ebay, stay away from the seller "gothydro", They sold me old stock and I didn't notice. I never thought to look for an expiration date on a bag of powder but, I was looking for some other info one day and looking at all of them and noticed the expiration on my VSS and it was well into next year and the RWS near the end of this year and I've had them both for a few months already, I look at the bag of Pure and it's dated for freakin' July! Apparently I was supposed to use it all within less than three months.
When I contacted them about it and explained the whole situation their response to me was a polite way of saying, "go fuck yourself" because I was beyond the 30 days that Ebay gives all buyers. What pisses me off is that I was JUST over the 30 days and I sent them a picture showing the date on the bag so, regardless of the 30 days there's no denying they sold me old stock because that stuff should be good for at least a year or more when you buy it.
I can't stand these guys that don't give a shit about the customer, as long as they make the sale and have your money there's someone else out there to make a buck from so, they don't need you anymore.
If I can stop even a couple people from buying from those assholes I'll be happy, I've dealt with a lot of people who are more than happy to take care of any problems and actually care about earning and keeping a loyal customer and "gothydro" from Ebay does NOT fit into that category, they are a "take the money and run" type of seller from what I can see.
If I were you, I wouldn't risk the possible hassle and/or loss of time/money giving them any of my business.
Nutrients on ebay

I would definitely try the OG Tea products but, again, I'd stay away from gothydro on Ebay.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Not sure how many of you order your nutrients online like I do, can't really get out for them and as a rule, it seems that they're usually cheaper. For a while now I've been using a couple of the OG Tea products, the Veganic Special Sauce and the Root WebStar and last month I finally pulled the trigger on a bag of the Pure from them to complete the trio.
$50+ for a one pound bag of any nutrients is a lot for me to spend but, those products are outstanding and a bag should last me over a year easily.

So here's the point, if you do buy any nutrients on Ebay, stay away from the seller "gothydro", They sold me old stock and I didn't notice. I never thought to look for an expiration date on a bag of powder but, I was looking for some other info one day and looking at all of them and noticed the expiration on my VSS and it was well into next year and the RWS near the end of this year and I've had them both for a few months already, I look at the bag of Pure and it's dated for freakin' July! Apparently I was supposed to use it all within less than three months.
When I contacted them about it and explained the whole situation their response to me was a polite way of saying, "go fuck yourself" because I was beyond the 30 days that Ebay gives all buyers. What pisses me off is that I was JUST over the 30 days and I sent them a picture showing the date on the bag so, regardless of the 30 days there's no denying they sold me old stock because that stuff should be good for at least a year or more when you buy it.
I can't stand these guys that don't give a shit about the customer, as long as they make the sale and have your money there's someone else out there to make a buck from so, they don't need you anymore.
If I can stop even a couple people from buying from those assholes I'll be happy, I've dealt with a lot of people who are more than happy to take care of any problems and actually care about earning and keeping a loyal customer and "gothydro" from Ebay does NOT fit into that category, they are a "take the money and run" type of seller from what I can see.
If I were you, I wouldn't risk the possible hassle and/or loss of time/money giving them any of my business.
View attachment 705980

I would definitely try the OG Tea products but, again, I'd stay away from gothydro on Ebay.
That seller must believe in the first rule of acquisition of the Ferrengi. "Once you have their money. You never give it back "

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

That seller must believe in the first rule of acquisition of the Ferrengi. "Once you have their money. You never give it back "
Lol, I think you're right! I didn't even want my money back, I just wanted a bag that wasn't set to expire! They probably don't have any, probably one of those fuckers that buys up old stock cheap and sells it at full price. That's my impression.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'd never buy nutes on line for the same reason. Old stock, or watered down stock.
I've had incredibly good luck with it, up until this incident that is but, I'd been buying from Amazon before this, they seem to do much better overall than what my experience with Ebay has been.
I've had all kinds of trouble on there and yet, they all always expect that 5 star rating on their feedback and push hard for it even.
Bums me out that I had given those fuckers 5 stars and it seems I can't change feedback, I was able to change my review but, I really want to dump on them on that feedback too, it goes against them pretty hard on there if they get even a couple of bad ones from what I understand.
Maybe I should just go straight to the Ebay people with my complaint. Probably wouldn't much matter.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I've had incredibly good luck with it, up until this incident that is but, I'd been buying from Amazon before this, they seem to do much better overall than what my experience with Ebay has been.
I've had all kinds of trouble on there and yet, they all always expect that 5 star rating on their feedback and push hard for it even.
Bums me out that I had given those fuckers 5 stars and it seems I can't change feedback, I was able to change my review but, I really want to dump on them on that feedback too, it goes against them pretty hard on there if they get even a couple of bad ones from what I understand.
Maybe I should just go straight to the Ebay people with my complaint. Probably wouldn't much matter.
That's because amazon has strict standards for the people selling threw them I used to ship to amazon and its a pain but on perishable items you have to have something like 2/3s shelf life left or they fine the shit out of you

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Seems like a lot of the sellers on Ebay are a little sketchy, I have stuff like this happening and 3 times in the last couple months we've had stuff from Ebay come short on postage, my youngest son just had one from them yesterday almost $4 short.
Then you have to wait an extra day to get your stuff too, the mailman sticks a tag in the mailbox saying you have a parcel that's short on postage and you can't pick it up until the next day because he's gonna be riding around with it all day.
Of course, it's always the one's with "Free Shipping". Right, "Free" as long as you don't mind waiting an extra day and paying the shortage. LMAO

Smerb

Smerb

I have purchased online and didn't look at the expiration date.... damn. But there are 3 hydro stores out here and I go there. I get a small discount. We have lady bugs at one store, compost tea at one, dust at one. Haha!

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

There is a right way and a wrong way to buy on ebay. If you do it right ebay in almost all cases will have your back. I always had to learn the hard way by getting screwed. Ebay is very safe if you know how to buy and what to do when you get screwed over. Here is a few things i learned,

1. ALWAYS communicate via ebays email system, when there is a problem this is what ebay uses to gather info that will be used against you or for you. Keep calm use facts and logic when communicating, think of it like being in a court room. If you are having a problem never use the phone always communicate via email.
2. Never close a case until you are happy and satisfied with the outcome. A seller tried to get me to close a case after he tried to convince me he would work it out with me. Never do this because he knows once you close the case its over with. Ebay will just say sorry you should have hired a lawyer before purchasing or making a decision.
3. ALWAYS make sure the seller has a return policy in case you are not satisfied, if they pay for returns that is a huge bonus. I cant tell you how many times I have been burned because the seller did not offer returns, huge red flag especially when it comes to electronics. If the seller fails to comply in any way ebay will refund your money. Watch out for sellers that have a high "restock" fee.
4. Everything is final, once you make a decision it is very difficult to change this. For example if you bought a product then left a positive review and it turned out to be junk or defective thats the end of the case end of story. Its yours, this is why you should never leave positive feedback until the last minute.
5. When returning or mailing off an item ALWAYS get a tracking number. Ebay loves tracking numbers and considers this beyond proof.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I buy from amazon and never have had issues. That name gothydro is very familiar. Thanks for the heads up because I've received orders from him.
IMG 1851

Top Bottom