Nutrients + Seedlings

• Thread starter MaryJuwann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MaryJuwann

My seedlings are showing deficiencies and I was wondering if I could start them off early (I received them as clones from a friend, I'm not sure of the age, though I'd say 8 - 11 days) with a small dose of Miracle-Gro all purpose, say .75-1.00mg in 0.35L of water.

Would this be alright or would it be too strong? If too strong what dose should I use or not use at all?

urbanite420

urbanite420

Seedlings shouldn't be showing deficiencies that young. the hypocotyl should be enough to sustain the seedling until the first true leaves appear...The soil is probly of poor quality. you can transplant into fresh soil. I had to do that the other day. Gently, I completely washed away the old soil and carefully planted in fresh soil. You also do not have to remove all of the soil like i did. If you don't want to do that I would just add some Cal Mag and a bit of your Veg formula (Hi N, lo P Hi K), <400ppm till they respond to the better

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If your seedlings need feeding, start with 1/4 of the recommended feeding strength. I believe MG wants something like 1T/gal of water, so go with 1/2t (T=tablespoon; t=teaspoon).

M

MaryJuwann

Thanks for the responses guys. I gave them a extremely light feeding and they seem to be getting better now, if it doesn't get better I'll be transplanting them to different soil.

M

MaryJuwann

These are seedlings, I think I was just a little mixed up & unsure as it is my first time growing. The first 2 leaves that the plants had grown, were going yellow, 1 of them is doing fine now, but the other plant, both of the leaves are half-way yellow.

I hear this is normal & that the plant will lose those leaves anyways so it is not to worry about?

edit : I'll try and get a photo up.

JH420

JH420

Sounds like they need some nitrogen...miracle grow doesn't have a good rep with most growers you might wanna look into that, I don't know much about the stuff myself.

M

MaryJuwann

Its all I can get on this small little rock.
IMG 0286

IMG 0287

Here's some photo's, sorry for the quality, its from an iphone(which isnt even mine >.> borrowed it from my neighbour xD!!)

JH420

JH420

Well as you said the pics aint the greatest but I think I retract my statement about nitrogen def.

M

MaryJuwann

So what do you think it might be?

edit : i cut off the dead leaf, hopefully this should slow down/completely stop whatever it may be, I'll see if it helps..

N

nog

i would cut away the dead parts too, plants that small dont usually show deficiencies even in crap soil, it may be a mould or fungus, keep an aye on the humidity levels

S

SweetIslandFunk

I agree with Nog,
if your soil was too wet it could be a fungus

JH420

JH420

So what do you think it might be?

edit : i cut off the dead leaf, hopefully this should slow down/completely stop whatever it may be, I'll see if it helps..

Sorry I have no idea...wish I could be of more help.

Top Bottom