Nutrients

• Thread starter Detroitgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

You don’t need all those supplement bottles of snake oil. All you need is a good 2 or 3 part base, a p and k booster, and cal mag. Any major brand will do

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have been using general hydroponics flora nova line, I am still a beginner. Is there any line better with less products?
Its all I've ever used GH 3 part in a Promix type soil. I only add their Kool Bloom in for a few weeks in flower. It works...it may be more expensive than some but I pay around $70 Cdn for 1 liter of each, they will let me grow around 30 plants in 3 gal pots....it pays to buy a large 1 gal Bloom $60 in the long run. Whats not to like about it? simple instructions to follow and I like what I grow after using it. I do go a bit light on them to start and I never use the max they suggest....well except for Bloom.
I've never needed cal/mag my well water is good.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I use GH trio with supplements for advance feeding but don’t suggest that for starters BUT it was suggested to me and I am gonna try a grow with it, Botanicare cns17 grow-bloom just two jugs pre mixed and super easy feeding schedule.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Its all I've ever used GH 3 part in a Promix type soil. I only add their Kool Bloom in for a few weeks in flower. It works...it may be more expensive than some but I pay around $70 Cdn for 1 liter of each, they will let me grow around 30 plants in 3 gal pots....it pays to buy a large 1 gal Bloom $60 in the long run. Whats not to like about it? simple instructions to follow and I like what I grow after using it. I do go a bit light on them to start and I never use the max they suggest....well except for Bloom.
I use GH trio with supplements for advance feeding but don’t suggest that for starters BUT it was suggested to me and I am gonna try a grow with it, Botanicare cns17 grow-bloom just two jugs pre mixed and super easy feeding schedule.
If it works..great 2 is easier than 3 and cheaper which I'd like. I've always got 1/2 or 1/3 bottles left when I need more and I want to use it all up so switching nute's I'd have left overs...lol...I'm too cheap for that.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Oh I know what you mean I still have left fox farm nutes from a few grows back, I’ll toss a ml of grow big and tiger in my GH mix everyone once awhile to use it up lol

Pippins

Pippins

Flora Nova Bloom is a good nute-you don't need any additives with it. I like Maxibloom even better to be honest. The GH inorganic salt based nutes are great because they have no detectable level of arsenic or cadmium, unlike many of the other very popular salt based fertilizers people talk about-and lets not get started with the heavy metals in organics. I personally have a zero tolerance policy for heavy metals in my fertilizers-if GH can source clean salts for Maxibloom and price it as low as it is, then anyone else can do the same. You can look up your products here https://apps1.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Flora Nova Bloom is a good nute-you don't need any additives with it. I like Maxibloom even better to be honest. The GH inorganic salt based nutes are great because they have no detectable level of arsenic or cadmium, unlike many of the other very popular salt based fertilizers people talk about-and lets not get started with the heavy metals in organics. I personally have a zero tolerance policy for heavy metals in my fertilizers-if GH can source clean salts for Maxibloom and price it as low as it is, then anyone else can do the same. You can look up your products here https://apps1.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/
Nice link Thanks for that.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Gh flora trio plus calmag in promix here as well. I thought about trying nova series because it seems easier 1 for veg 1 for flower but it's a lil bit pricier than flora trio I think

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pure blend pro grow can be used full cycle. I have used it alone with excellent results in ocean forest after the nutrients in the soil deplete and in pro mix hp start to finish.

Using dyna grow foliage pro and protekt for silica now. Also quite simple.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You don’t need all those supplement bottles of snake oil. All you need is a good 2 or 3 part base, a p and k booster, and cal mag. Any major brand will do

you still call for 5 bottles? Any complete balanced 1 part fertilizer can work fine. One bottle. Maybe need cal mag with coco depending on the calcium content.

and cannabis never needs any high pk low nitrogen ratio. That is a myth perpetrated by greedy nutrient companies. Tissue tests show the ratio does not change in flower in our plant.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

you still call for 5 bottles? Any complete balanced 1 part fertilizer can work fine. One bottle. Maybe need cal mag with coco depending on the calcium content.

and cannabis never needs any high pk low nitrogen ratio. That is a myth perpetrated by greedy nutrient companies. Tissue tests show the ratio does not change in flower in our plant.
Can you recommend a good one part for hydro? I’d love to simplify

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you recommend a good one part for hydro? I’d love to simplify

i would use dyna gro foliage pro but i have to admit the protekt (silica) is the one additive that has made a big difference in the plants.

Still could use pure blend pro but it is natural based.

and there are many other complete balanced nutes. Botanicare cns 17 for example. Many here like megacrop.

But i have only used a few. They all seem to work well once i get the hang of them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Isn’t cns17 just the cheaper form of pro blend?

i can answer for Mosh. No. It is their budget chemical salt based nute. Kind is their premium and pure blend pro is a natural based nute with worm castinfs and seaweed extract and such but plant soluble so not listed organic.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

i can answer for Mosh. No. It is their budget chemical salt based nute. Kind is their premium and pure blend pro is a natural based nute with worm castinfs and seaweed extract and such but plant soluble so not listed organic.
Oh yeah forgot about Kind but still with 3 lines cns technically would be the cheap one lol... oddly enough though the pro blend 3 part stuff is also in liquid karma and their tea

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh yeah forgot about Kind but still with 3 lines cns technically would be the cheap one lol... oddly enough though the pro blend 3 part stuff is also in liquid karma and their tea

they want to sell you as a 3 part but only the base grow is ever really needed. With kind you need 2 bottles. Base and grow. Base is calcium nitrate the rest is in the grow or bloom bottle. That way you can customize the nitrogen/ calcium amount.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

they want to sell you as a 3 part but only the base grow is ever really needed. With kind you need 2 bottles. Base and grow. Base is calcium nitrate the rest is in the grow or bloom bottle. That way you can customize the nitrogen/ calcium amount.
Well it will be a fun experience than, my next DWC I’m doing cns17 2 part with additives hope it comes out good and is nice and easy. But back to the original poster question, I would say for a starting botanicare has the better lines for basic GH trio does work I can voice for that my self. Advance nutrients does have some nice looking stuff and blue planet but at the same time you always gotta consider your grow, it’s environment, water source medium etc etc. sadly because of certain outside factors just a basic 2 bottle grow might not work because you need other stuff””

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

I grow in soil and only use Mega Crop. Can be used hydro also I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom