Nutrition burn or Nutrition Deficiency

• Thread starter Askye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Askye

Askye

Hey!

I was wondering if this is more of a nutrition burn or a nutrition deficiency? And what’s the best way to tell the difference.

(Pics attached are my 1st plant with some yellow leaf edges and then a smaller plant with an lst attempt, with a strong yellow leaf)

(Note: the first plant is in the corner of the pot as my intention was to lst but it was too sturdy when I tried)

Thanks in advance:)

Nutrition burn or nutrition deficiency
Nutrition burn or nutrition deficiency 2
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Deficiencies and overdoses tend to impact the plant in different areas (new vs old growth) or have wildly different characteristics from each other. For example lower/oldest growth turning yellow is 90% of the time from a nitrogen deficiency. Very very rarely will people actually experience nutrient lockout from pH issues(especially in soil grows)

One thing people overlook is that light is the driver behind nutrients - if you try to push the plants with really high PPFD but you don't have adequate nutrients you will start to see all sorts of funky things going on.

Mobile vs Immobile nutrients - as your plant ages/goes into the flowering phase if not given proper nutrition it will start to "eat itself" which starts with the oldest fan leaves.

And that's without even considering that improper watering techniques can simulate all sorts of deficiencies. Good luck! 😬

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

You seemed to have similar issue(s) going on back with your grow in April. Let's see what we can do to get you sorted out?

Yellowing of leaf tips and plants praying up are telltale signs of nutrient overdose most likely being driven from too much light and too much nutrients. Also notice the leaves and petioles? Limp and falling to the ground which are signs of not enough water.

Really droopy leaves, stems and dry top soil.

Droopy stems again. Leaf tips are clawing downwards indicating N toxicity. Sounds like your ratios are a little off as well for the stages of growth you're in. I just read the other thread and you were given some really good advice as long as you ignore the posts about LST. Watering, nutrient regiment and light source seem to be the biggest factors right now.

Top Bottom