Nuts!! GNATS!!!!

• Thread starter Liberanos5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Liberanos5

@ least I think that's what they are. They are extremely tiny black in color and when they are on foot they walk very fast then seem to make turns at 90 degrees. I have looked at pictures of thrips and all sorts of pests, have had rose aphids on roses and other critters in my actual garden. No idea what these are. I have a couple "fly paper" sticky strips hanging from the ceiling and have caught a couple a flies and a few of these guys but I lack the photo equipment to take a macro pic this tiny! they are about his big -----------> _ and I see a few walking around on top of my soil which is a combo of Fox Farm, Happy Frog, added pearlite and ProMix HP. All my leaves look great and show no tell tale signs of infestation of the sort I see all over this and other sites. I reluctantly bought a product today called "Mighty Wash" from NPK Industries. I sure hate paying $18 for a quart of something that is 99.8335% water...............sigh!! Any pats on my head and expressions of sympathy will be greatly appreciated! As soon as the lights have been off for about 6 hours I intend to get all the pots a spray.
Thanks in advance..........:rolleyes:

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Gnats are usually caused by too wet soil Yellow traps at the grow shop help , But Capulators bennies sold on here got rid of mine use in the soil. they run around on top then get big enough to fly so the sticky traps help . anytime u over water they come back I have been out of caps bennies and they are returning so that shows it works.Hope this helped:)

L

Liberanos5

Gnats are usually caused by too wet soil Yellow traps at the grow shop help , But Capulators bennies sold on here got rid of mine use in the soil. they run around on top then get big enough to fly so the sticky traps help . anytime u over water they come back I have been out of caps bennies and they are returning so that shows it works.Hope this helped:)
Good help thank you. Fly paper seems to be working pretty well......today i gave em all a bottom up haircut so the fans hit the top of the pots with a nice breeze. Guilty as charged re: over watering! here's a couple pics from today I hadda germinate ONE White Widow so she's a bit dwarfed by the rest of them.......

UP Garden 001
UP Garden 014
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Lookin really nice :) It's hard not to over water you love your babes !!! good luck

catdaddy

catdaddy

Meduse is right about Caps bennies, they are great, but it does not get rid of adult fungus gnats only larvae. you could just let your soil dry out a little a more between waterings along with sticky traps to get rid of them.
speaking of Caps bennies, i highly suggest to pick them up when you can. they work wonders on a plant just in general (preventive, control and general plant health), you don't have to wait until something negative goes wrong in your grow area to use them.
plants looks good and hope the best on the rest of the grow.

also forgot to mention, there is no such thing as overwatering, only water logging. i had the same issue and it came from pots not properly draining, so what i do now is get a bucket after the watering and leave the pots on a tilt to drain the excess water from of the pots. hope that helps.

L

Liberanos5

Meduse is right about Caps bennies, they are great, but it does not get rid of adult fungus gnats only larvae. you could just let your soil dry out a little a more between waterings along with sticky traps to get rid of them.
speaking of Caps bennies, i highly suggest to pick them up when you can. they work wonders on a plant just in general (preventive, control and general plant health), you don't have to wait until something negative goes wrong in your grow area to use them.
plants looks good and hope the best on the rest of the grow.

also forgot to mention, there is no such thing as overwatering, only water logging. i had the same issue and it came from pots not properly draining, so what i do now is get a bucket after the watering and leave the pots on a tilt to drain the excess water from of the pots. hope that helps.
Thanks cat. So far the only think I have given the kids foliar wise is water alone. I give em a good douche about an hour before I turn on the lites. I have been reading up and taking a lotta notes on foliar applications of just about everything from soup to nuts. They love my chicken soup fyi! :confused: Thanks again! I am now focused on pH and have tested my run off with the BlueLab and have a range of 5.8 to 6.3. I have this soil "probe" that tells me the soil is 7.0 but it's a P.O.S. I think. My resevoir water is 5.8 buffered with aquarium water buffer. I have removed a few fans that were kinda dark and crispy in the middle.......another mystery and just in one pot. I am seeing the wisdom of growing ONE STRAIN and that'll be my strategy after I survive (IF I survive) this bag seed test kitchen run!!

d420dool

d420dool

i got them damm gnats too i put sum epsoma stuff, i think its called biotone but dont quote me on that, its a grainy powdery kinda mix and on the package it says its got a lot of baccilus strains and whatnot. i looked at rosenthals handbook n he said to use baccilus as a control..... so i took the powdery stuff and mixed it in the top layer of the soil then i took a strong mix of voodoo juice and sprayed the top of the soil till it was good and wet, my theory behind spraying was to "activate" the baccilus microbes.....sooo whatcha guys think, am i dumbass for doin this or a freakin genius.

Haggardass

Haggardass

I've seen it done with guerilla spots they find a spot the season before and cover there plots with it then let it sit till next season then by the time you get hack next year you've got tons of nutrients available to your plants so in a sense its genius lol

L

Liberanos5

hey those are looking real good for some bag seeds.
Call it beginners luck. I dont really do much to them, a little food a little water LOTS a light, mixed 2 HPS 400s, two 250 MH and a couple VHO actinic blue tubes (Hamilton Electronics Aquarium hood) from my old reef aquarium and I stare at them a lot. Not sure why I do that but I open the door and just stare at them blowing in the breezeo_O ........oh and I play them opera (Andrea Bocelli mostly) and Gregorain Chant!!

Haggardass

Haggardass

Man I stared at mine so much that the plans for my old grow room I compensated for space to put a seat its almost hypnotic I can get lost in my thoughts and ideas in my grow room then before you know it that 2 hour movie I got up from during commercials to pre is over and I completely missed it haha I think the growing aspect of marijuana is just as relaxing as the smoking part in my case.

L

Liberanos5

Man I stared at mine so much that the plans for my old grow room I compensated for space to put a seat its almost hypnotic I can get lost in my thoughts and ideas in my grow room then before you know it that 2 hour movie I got up from during commercials to pre is over and I completely missed it haha I think the growing aspect of marijuana is just as relaxing as the smoking part in my case.
I'm glad to hear this. I was thinking maybe I was losing it or something. Thanks for the frankness, Haggard!

Top Bottom