NYC Legal Organic Auto Grow Accidentally Topped Day 35

• Thread starter socialgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socialgrow

socialgrow

Hi everyone! I’ve got two autos in a 10 Gal DIY living soil, both ILGM, one Jack Herer and one Green Crack. Yesterday I accidentally beheaded the GC, it snapped under the twine sometime after it was secured so I didn’t catch it until it began to scab over a half hour(?) later.
Nyc legal organic auto grow accidentally topped day 35
I dug a hole, filled it with some of my charged seed starting mix, dipped the stub in cloning powder, threw it in the dirt, and drenched some light seaweed extract. i covered it with a wet rag dome supported by garden stakes for moisture and shade.
Nyc legal organic auto grow accidentally topped day 35 4

Today… the clone was looking as expected, wilted but alive, I sprayed and doused 2-6-2 fish & seaweed.The JH and original GC had EXPLODED in just 24hrs as pictured…
Nyc legal organic auto grow accidentally topped day 35 2
Nyc legal organic auto grow accidentally topped day 35 3
I think due to the corn, chia, chickpea SST I did yesterday, shoutout Coot. It’s also been rainy the last few days so RH hasn’t dropped below 70% in 48hrs. I’m hoping to get a little from the clone, make it into butter or something, but good for science if nothing else.
I’ll post more about my setup in the thread. Feel free to comment on whatever!:)

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I've topped autos not knowing I HAD AUTO strains.... so with your timing it might work to your benefit.... you can top autos within set amount of time

socialgrow

socialgrow

Nothing can stop these girls!!! GC is still moving shockingly fast, not stunted at all from the top. She’s showing some sex characteristics, I hope she starts flowering asap since she’s filling up the space.
I feel like I could be defoliating more but I’m stressing about stressing them too much, so I just stick with a few of the big ones.I could potentially move this grow into my new 2x4 to finish up, but I’d like to give my soil a few weeks to cook & cover crop. I’d rather that than risking mold but I’m not sure if I’ve got the man power to move a fully loaded 2x4 bed back into the tent🤔

IMG 0071
IMG 0074
socialgrow

socialgrow

Almost two weeks later and green crack is off to a vigorous beginning of flower, does not even care that it got its head cut off.
Trellis net, defol, and top dress today.
Before and after trellising:
IMG 0231
IMG 0232
IMG 0243
IMG 0234

Soil critters were fed a little chop & drop, a handful of malted barley & oat, and two handfuls of BAS worm castings. I tossed in .4g of BioAg ion-14… I couldn’t find any top dress rates, and conveniently my scale doesn’t read below .4g so it felt right.
IMG 0236

I maybe should’ve netted them up a little earlier, but the canopy really hadn’t started to get uneven till the last few days🤷‍♂️ I caught 3 leafhoppers, which… it doesn’t look like there are meant more than that based on the damage.
IMG 0233

I’m gradually shortening the days for the next few nights (while monitoring DLI w Photone), then I’m going to give them 24-48hrs darkness if Herer doesn’t look like it’s kicking into flower. I’ve had issues w these genetics not flowering before (see my 100+ day Herer run that i eventually had to chop; the next run I also had to flip the lights), so I gotta make sure it flowers ASAP so it doesn’t outgrow the tent.

Extra pics: Jack Herer stem after defol (it likes to grow a lot of tiny leaves at the bottom the main stem), then Green Crack’s much larger and more solid-looking stem.
IMG 0240
IMG 0238

socialgrow

socialgrow

Uh ohhhhh Jack Herer getting a little stressed. It just started really flowering in the past few days. I imagine phos and probably some N are needed. I’ll top dress castings and rainbow mix bloom on both, then barley and crab only for JH. It’s been a little dry too, I was away for a week and I think they started to outpace the watering schedule I gave my roommate. I came back to more necrosis/required defoliation on the bottom leaves than I expected.
The leaf tips are a little crispy but I'm not sure if the other symptoms look like overfeeding. I saw multiple ppl on the ILGM forums saying that they can't stop their JH from getting a little crispy.
I could pull the bro science classic and whip out the calmag. It does look like it may be a little mag deficient. I might whip out the dolomite lime in small doses too. Also maybe some K deficiencies?
I do have like... two leafhoppers, but they've been around since the start so I doubt they're a vector for anything.
My initial throwing shit at the wall solution would be to give calmag and seaweed. Gonna do my research and be sure before I do anything tho

IMG 0658
IMG 0657
IMG 0653
IMG 0656
IMG 0654
IMG 0655
Top Bottom