Nyc Outdoor Grow Newb Help Please:)

• Thread starter Britt32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Britt32

Hey everybody thanks in advance! I am a first time grower living in Brooklyn, New York, and am looking to put my terrace to good use. My space is about 2 feet by 8 feet, the bars on my balcony goes to about 4 and a half feet, and I plan to put wrap around the bars in order to preserve privacy. I don't want the plants to be too high as we have a building directly across the street where people could look out the window and see the plants if they grow over the height of the bars . My terrace faces East so I will get a decent amount of sun, the only problem I foresee so far is New York's Humidity which is usually around 64. I have read that picking a good strain for the environment is of great importance and started reading about auto flowering mold resistant strains. Any advice on this grow would be helpful, I am curious about how many plants I should be able to fit on the terrace, if I should mix other legal plants for cover, etc. Appreciate it!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You need to consider smell first and foremost. That humidity shouldn't be an issue if you're able to allow good airflow around the plant and are watchful of humidity-related issues like powdery mildew and other molds.

Since I have a diminished sense of smell, I am exactly the worst person to advise on strains in that regard. Don't play with strange rattlesnakes! I've never done autos, so again, I can't advise there. They may stay smaller than the photoperiodics I'm accustomed to running. The size of the plant can be controlled by canopy control and by using smaller pots. Smaller pots also tends to force photoperiodics into flower sooner, and they finish faster.

Beyond that, I've never even been to New York, so again, I'm probably not the best to advise in that regard. But this does serve as good bump!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Humidity isn't a issue at 64 actually it's ideal you just need airflow as sea stated. Your gonna wanna do some reading on lst and topping/fimming. But smell aside you shouldn't have any issue besides maybe getting sun into the canopy that trained down under the fence. Supplemental lighting is a thought
Sour diesel is outta the question .....lol

hiboy

hiboy

Yes smell is the biggest problem
Someone walking by might not have a visual but smell goes where sight can't
Hb

Top Bottom