o/6/9 and getting the "claw"?

• Thread starter bushdoctor215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bushdoctor215

I recently tried this formula for the first time and I`m getting the claw on a couple leaves per plant. Since i use RO water i supplement with 150ppm of magical cal/mag. I know people are going to say to much N. I have a hard time believing that because this formula is so mild. Only 90ppm of N per gallon. This same strain has been pushed much higher in the past with no clawing. The only difference this round is the 0/6/9 nutes and watering daily with lots of runoff. I usually water every other day. I`m using canna coco straight out of the bag. Run off and Ph same going in as comming out. Could this be water stress? Plants look pretty darn good other than the few clawed leaves on each plant. Temps and RH all in check with co2 at 1000ppm lights on and 400 when off. Any ideas? Thanks

B

bushdoctor215

Forgot to mention, these are in 5 gallon pots. could all the excess feeding at first (when the plants were smaller) be comming back to haunt me now? An excess of N in the coir now showing up?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
hay bushdoc are you feed /feed/feed or feed water feed? ...and microbes bacteria and fungus hold nutes and exchange them with the roots for Exudate's (sugars) this is above your regular feed and also if your nutes have alot of non-soluable N in it they put out enzyems to digest it and transport it to the plant for sugars this all happens above your nute routine it happens also if they die nutes go in to the soil so to sum up if you feed feed feed and no water N can build up to higher levels than normal ...what ppm is your run off?
EVERYBODY GROW EVERYWHERE:harvest:

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Forgot to mention, these are in 5 gallon pots. could all the excess feeding at first (when the plants were smaller) be comming back to haunt me now? An excess of N in the coir now showing up?

also try to think of your nutes in an overall basis not week to week how much NPK does she need start to finish then devide this into the weeks of your strain but here let the farmer that showed me tell you

JPLord01

JPLord01

What kind light are you running 1000 hps or MH ? If you are not running strong lights you will run into that problam. Also just run tap water and 1 gm of epsom per gl. NO CALMAG needed. PH your water at 5.8. I'm running 6/9 and my plants are killer. I will put up some photos now and you can see what my plants are doing with 6/9.

B

bushdoctor215

Thanks for the replys people. It`s been feed every day. never any plain water. when the claw first showed up a week ago, I did a runoff test. 900 going in, 700 comming out. Ph was 5.8 in and out. Now its 900 in and out. Ph same. Now this isn`t bad clawing, just a few leaves on each plant but has never happened before. Lighting is brand new hortilux 1000`s. 70 watts psf. I have to run RO because my well water has lots of junk in it.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
those PPM should not claw at all ...what gear you running ?

could be atmospheric

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That type of clawing is also seen when the plant (especially the root zone) is too hot. I know because I've done it (soil, OD, black nursery pots) and it mimics two opposite things because the leaves claw/canoe, and they go yellow. One's a sign of overferting N, the other is a sign of the exact opposite.

Show us the plants, give us numbers.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've had this before, it was strain specific, and a not so stable strain, to begin with (s1 seeds) Warlock........ this was in DWC... then when I grew it in Coco it was fine.

None of my other strains were doing it, just my Warlocks......

B

bushdoctor215

Climate controlled room.75 lights on, 65 lights off. Rh 53-63. It`s been the same for quite a few runs and the strain is an exceptionally heavy yielding GDP. The only difference is the 0/6/9 and the amount of watering. Daily watering with all the runoff in 5 gallon pots is just to wet IMO.

A

antimatter

Ive experienced clawing on 6/9 when I ran it for one cycle to see what the fuss was all about (I concluded the cause of the claw was smartpots drying out to fast leading to salt buildup), I personally prefer AB formulas better with nutrients specific for grow and bloom, along with regular hardplastic containers.

B

budseyeveiw

i could only suggest what id do,flush the plants, resume feeding and make sure the enviroment isnt the problem if your ppms are ok which they seem to be,(if anything 900 seems pretty reasonable for the size) id say its enviromental like heat or humidity or something. hope you sort it out tho!

xrob415x

xrob415x

Claw is most commonly nirtogen toxicity ortover feeding with nutes. Some pics would be swoot. We would be able to help better.

xrob415x

xrob415x

@antimatter the pots drying out faster are acutally the benefit of using them. It lets you get many more feeding in

A

antimatter

@antimatter the pots drying out faster are acutally the benefit of using them. It lets you get many more feeding in

Its not a benefit, if anything it is annoying, running vertical lights with lots of air movement and having them bone dry in under a 24 hours when they could of gone 48+ hours with regular pots having a plant that yields the same.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Its not a benefit, if anything it is annoying, running vertical lights with lots of air movement and having them bone dry in under a 24 hours when they could of gone 48+ hours with regular pots having a plant that yields the same.

Thanks for that bit of info on the airpots antimatter. That could fool someone thinking their plants are eating more when its just the pots wicking out your moisture. More water and more nutes equals more $$ wasted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom