Oaksterdam Clones...My experience

• Thread starter jay.alders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jay.alders

So like an idiot I sent my girl to Oakland to pick some clones up from Oaksterdam because someone told me that they have good clones. While the final result remains to be seen, I have some feedback up to this point.

I have Platinum Bubba Kush, Sour D, Purple Kush, Headhead OG.

I hated transplanting from the rockwool because of the way they pack 6 clones into a rockwool cube. It is honestly one of the most frustrating transplanting experiences I've ever had as I found it very difficult to not damage the root zone when separating the plants. I found it interesting that she could only pick up 10 of the Bubba kush, yet he "threw in" an extra 5 sour D. Should that tell me something? I'm thinking so.

Yet, since I have transplanted I have seen major growth from these ladies. I also picked up some BMR from a club in Sacto that looked great, however the clones from Oaksterdam are much more alive and healthy. This is great news because I was so bummed when I first met the girls. I'm not quite sure what to make of the BMR but they did come in someone else's soil. Not to say that my blend is better, but I think the ladies love to be greeted with gifts when they arrive home and what could be better than a new bed to thrive in?

My mix:

Soil: FFOF/ Vital Earth Manna mix. 65%/35%

Amended with Mycorrhiza and watered with Nitrozime and B1 and they are taking off nicely.

I will post pics as soon as I get things going. Thanks again to all the guys/ladies here who offer info...I really appreciate it.

J

K

Kingkong

Sounds like maybe oaksterdam has been producing top notch clones..Have you heard anything about the classes?Are they worthwhile for a newb or are they worth the money and time..Ive heard good things and was thinking about checking it out..I have family in the area so it would be nice..Well anyways good luck on the beautiful ladies cant wait for the pics....

G

gooey

right on man, gl with these hope they give you what you want...peace n puffs

P

Paul Nepal

I too dislike the fact that they put 6 clones into 1 cube, I have always felt you loose something when transplanting.

I have however had very good results with the Oaksterdam clones, they all seem to pull through and grow very well.

A

AliasAO

I grabbed some Sour Grapes from Coffee ShopBluesky that came from Oaksterdam and they turned out amazing. I eventually am going to grab up some beans or more cuttings so i can keep a mom for my Team.

The yeild was great but the Meds were even better. Theyve got solid Genetics coming out of Oaksterdam.

J

jay.alders

I finally got the ladies transplanted in the room. I am really impressed with the growth of the Oaksterdam clones so far. I also picked up some BMR (Blue Moon Rocks) by B.O.G. from some club in sacramento, but they seem to be struggling. I'm discovering how difficult this process is because I have to rely on someone else. Kinda sucks.

I don't have any information about Oaksterdam classes. El Camino Wellness in Sacramento is a complete waste of time. Some guy Chris teaches the class, highlights include:

"ALWAYS pH @ 7, no matter what. Soil or hydro, pH everything to a neutral 7."

"Foliar feeding is a complete waste of time, the only reason it does anything is because the solution drops onto the soil medium and into the roots."

But then I realized, why would a club want people to grow their own medicine when they sell $60 1/8? Stupid me. I left early.

YESCA73

YESCA73

I have had good luck with clones from oaksterdam.I have tried purp kush, green crack, both bubbas, erkulan, kryptonite, mendo afgoo, sweetooth, casey jones, hindu skunk, strawberrycough x deepchunk, mango, ak-47, cotton candy, mazar , chem dog sis , shiva skunk. Only bad one I got was the bubblegum. Just make sure u dip them . I use organicde with DM penetrator at about 1 week intervals for 3 weeks then go with neem with DM penetrator. Some clones could have PM or mites this should take care of it. No big deal with clones coming in six pack. U will damage a few roots but will not notice any stress. out of the six pack have noticed not all clones have roots coming out the bottom. sucks to drive an hour and a half then wait an hour and a half to open. all in all good experiences.

G

Gartner

You have got good experience in clone, i use rockwool , can u get me with more details, how to clone with out hurting it...
waiting for your pics...
thanks in advance..

YESCA73

YESCA73

yo jay any updates on your clones. I was interested in pikn up some sour d. might take a drive out there tomorrow.

M

muddog

clones

i've tried oaksterdam clones the best took there 2 day coarse pretty good info generally get clones from other local growers, i think oaksterdam is closing the irs and the federal atty trying to close everybody

drunknbass

drunknbass

I brought a purple kush clone back with me from green door in SF this summer. Survived the flight and was an awesome plant!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Doesnt somebody under the "California" section on the farm distribute oaksterdam clones as well?
Also a blue sky just opened up in la

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the ridge sells "oaksterdam" clones

W

wirenut

i would not recomend them I took a class from them and was very disspointed in the class. cost me $300.00 buck when all I need to do was read a book and read whats on this web form

Latest posts

Top Bottom