Oakton EcoTester Line

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

So this is just a quick post and review for folks looking for a quality pH tester, tds tester, etc....

In Sept of last year I picked up a couple Hanna Combo Pens. My pops took one and I took the other. I use mine a bit more regularly and with larger quantities of nutes and water than the pops so when he used mine when I went outta town he told me it was taking forever. I agree, the Hanna does, but after several hundred gallons of water ya kinda just get used to it. I come home, and low and behold hes ranting and raving about these Oakton meters...

So started using this line of meters- Oakton and pretty much immediately ditched the Hanna even if these aren't a long term solution their simplicity and quickness is amazing. The ECO line is auto calibrating once you dip it in solution, stores in tap water, and reads in about 2-4 seconds. The only thing about the pH meter is that it only reads to the tenths i.e. a ph of 6.1 instead of 6.18... so if you are that particular may not be the pen for you. Pops actually ended up picking up the next level up Oakton pen as well, and it reads to the hundredths but both pens read almost identical when testing and I test all my solutions with both.

Hydro shop just got in the Eco Tester TDS low, so I will start having fun with that one too...

This was just a quick heads up on a great tool that everyone needs, these are cheap at around $80, and great as far as accuracy and calibration. Cheers Oakton!

-Gritty

Z

zoeronerer

oakton is a good midrange line they have ok customer service.

i like my shindegen but i dont think they are made for our hobby anymore ..

i think oakton makes a constant readout meter that u dangle in the tank and it gives you an led readout i think they are like 300 if they still make them ..

im rite there with ya man the hanna meter's break and lag ..... and the electrodes are wonky ...

true grit

true grit

Yeah when I pick up a bigger RO I'll probably try one of those BlueLab multi's out. Those are supposed to be pretty kick ass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom