Oaxaca Landrace

• Thread starter convex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mradjective

Convex, Keep up the nice work.
Thats one of my favorite smokes from years ago.
I had been looking for pure Beans for a while.
I sit and admire.

convex

convex

An Odd Variegation

One meristem has an odd pattern ...

Two leaves, a node apart are exhibiting a 50/50 variegation, split the center of the middle leaf.

Wk3oaxVer2
E

Elite Nugs

Nice... Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out...

convex

convex

Welcome to the show Crysmatic - glad to have you along!

Cheers

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

thank you for your time and effort!

i had a professor in university who'd take off every other semester and head to oaxaca...both he and his son were big pot heads :) i've always had a fascination with central american flora...cubensis and weed from that area seem special. apple pie is still my fav smoke, but i don't have the patience for 100 day flower. 8.5 weeks is perfect.

convex or northone, is it a super high lumen variety? how heavy does it feed? is it finicky or easy to grow?

what are your temps/rH? apparently, in december the average conditions in oaxaca are 30C and 60% rH and 11 hours of light. how long are your days?

convex

convex

Good questions crysmatic, as this girl is new to me I don't really know her needs yet, perhaps northone will chime in ...

I can offer my environmentals, so far they seem happy in it ;)

Temp: 73-77 day and as low as 60 at night.

RH: sits at 60% this time of year

3 girls in 2 gallon pots promix

Typical light feeding sativa, 700 ppm PBP and LK

Lighting on 12/12 - the bloom area is shared with other strains so I will not alter it

They are only under a 430 agro, screened and stretched about 12-16 inches off screen. Not a huge blast of lumens, I am sure they would like more, but is what I have to work with at the moment, and seem to be doing well.

I certainly haven't found it a difficult strain so far ;)

Cheers

johnursery

johnursery

it makes me so happy to see more landraces and pure sativa at that! wish more people were working with beans like these

E

Elite Nugs

Convex... You ever play with the light cycles?? Since your growing a landrace?

convex

convex

I have tried 11/13 with a stubborn VB dominant - but that is really it.

Big problem for me is that I am always doing multi strains - which doesn't facilitate too much playing.

I suppose one of the criteria I am looking for when doing sativa's is that it will respond reasonably well to indoor conditions, including a 12 hour cycle ... we all seek that 'grail'.

Cheers

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Thanks Convex!

Do you think you'll have a smoke report by xmas? How do you
Cure satIvas? A buddy says that sativas cure quickly while indicas
Need several weeks (so time to smokable bud is equal between the two)

convex

convex

Thanks Convex!

Do you think you'll have a smoke report by xmas? How do you
Cure sat

It just so happens I timed this to be my own Christmas gift - I will be sure to post a report ;)

Curing in jars the same as other strains.

I find the whispier specimens dry very quickly - too quickly, so I usually toss them in paper bags after a few days to slow the process.

Most aren't pretty with no bag appeal, and if they are really open structure I run my hand from branch base to tip, stripping the calyxes and just toss all the twigs.

Easier to pack a bunch of calyxes into a jar than a whack of twigs.
Easier for me too as I don't have to debone, clean or stem anything - roll straight outta the jar ;)

Cheers

convex

convex

Day 28

Well we are at day 28, not a whole lot to see yet ...

They should be doing the bulk of thier production in the next two weeks.

They have been at 700 ppm until now and are just about to start a curl, so have reduced to 600 ppm - I think this is max for this girl.

Oax28
Oax28 1
Oax28 2
convex

convex

Reversal

Still trying to reverse a cut with CS.

She is definitely a solid, resilient girl - spraying daily but she is still hanging on - I'll get her to drop yet ;)

The bunk box:

Poppa
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

that's unlike anything i've seen before...even with "mostly" sativa varieties. looks like wheat - not like marijuana.

northone: how does it yield? i guess more importantly, how does it smoke? :)

Top Bottom