Oaxaca Landrace

• Thread starter convex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
convex

convex

my friend i am part of a new breed of no more than 250 ppm's plus the water ppm's..
if i knew it before when i grew the oaxacan i might have even been more happy

curl is ok...but yeh back off

This re-enforces my own beliefs and observations ...

I never have been able to figure out why most of mine do well between 500-800, depending on medium, while I read of folks pushing 1300+.

Interesting that you are seeing results with even less - will have to start reducing further next round.

Thanks and Cheers!

convex

convex

well my friend then you have not seen pure sativas then
its what Mj used to look like before we got sucked in by indica's
uplifting, not couchlock, thought provoking and energetic, not stoned
ok..stoned too ,

Back in the day of twigs and seeds ;)
Everything looked like brown or gold shake, seldom saw a real bud structure.
But man ... the electric kick in the head was unparalleled.

I was fortunate in that when I started smoking the indies were just starting to gain a foothold, but there was PLENTY of exotic imported sat's to be had. When the indoor indies pushed the imports out of the market we all switched to hash.

Cheers

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

i always wanted to grow oaxaca landrace...ive read some type of oaxaca gave you the side splitting laughter effect that has kept me very courious about it. good luck my friend
please a smoke report would be awesome
keep it green
DGD

MARTA

MARTA

Convex, your bloomer and that mother look fantastic!

I'm happy to have found others interested in what Mexico has to offer!

Keep up the good work, and the great journal! :clapping

T

TreFarmer

TreFarmer is living Oaxacan vicariously through his Sat loving friends!! Thanks guys, I love what you guys are doing!! And thanks for sharing!!

convex

convex

Convex, your bloomer and that mother look fantastic!

I'm happy to have found others interested in what Mexico has to offer!

Keep up the good work, and the great journal! :clapping

Thank you Marta, I am also following your Oaxaca thread with great interest.

I was lucky enough to cut my teeth on Mezo and South American strains and am on the quest to find that heavy psychoactive effect from yesteryear ;)

With enough folks seeking the old unadulterated lines, I am sure it will be found ;)

Cheers

convex

convex

Well we are somewhere near 35 days in.

Feeding continues at 600 ppm PBP, a shot of LK every 3rd feed and has had a bit of molasses this last week.

The reversal appears to have been successful, a week or two and we will see if she spits pollen, then on to some S1's.

I had some old C-Plus pollen in the freezer, barely viable but looks like I may get a dozen or two seeds on a small branch. The C-Plus pop was cali-o dominant, maybe I can find a nice oaxaco leaning male in the offspring.

I have also dropped some of my Black Cherry Bomb Sativa pheno, she might pair well with the reversed oaxaca pollen. As with the oaxaca she is a very fast finisher at 50-55 days and growth pattern is similar.

A couple of pics ...

Oax35
Oax35 1
Oax35 2
convex

convex

Having a devil of a time mastering macro's with Mrs C's camera ...

The reversal plant:

Reverse
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Damn convex you always got some kick ass threads those babies are looking awesome super sativa by the looks of it!

Hope u get some beans from that c-plus pollen always wanted to try her but never did but I love the Cali-o.

nice that you timed her for a christmas gift cause they dont get much better then that and I just checked my calender and Ill be choppin my JTR on christmas day:banana1sv6:

looking forward to seeing some more pics!

audius

audius

im just loving this thread, as well as pure sativas. its really nice to see something pure. not knocking all the fine hybirds out there. convex your doing the dam thing. bang up job. those gals should make for a VERY merry x mas.

greenjoe

greenjoe

very nice convex......we are both running pure sativa's..(yours mexican ..mine african).and we are just about at the same flowering period....your look nicer than mine...yours are frostier.....mine just started to to put some weight on.....Very nice keep it going....i will be wathcin

convex

convex

Damn convex you always got some kick ass threads those babies are looking awesome super sativa by the looks of it!

Hope u get some beans from that c-plus pollen always wanted to try her but never did but I love the Cali-o.

nice that you timed her for a christmas gift cause they dont get much better then that and I just checked my calender and Ill be choppin my JTR on christmas day:banana1sv6:

looking forward to seeing some more pics!

Thanks MitchyNugs!
JTR for Christmas sounds like a treat also ;)

im just loving this thread, as well as pure sativas. its really nice to see something pure. not knocking all the fine hybirds out there. convex your doing the dam thing. bang up job. those gals should make for a VERY merry x mas.

Thanks for that Audius, glad your are enjoying the grow ;)

very nice convex......we are both running pure sativa's..(yours mexican ..mine african).and we are just about at the same flowering period....your look nicer than mine...yours are frostier.....mine just started to to put some weight on.....Very nice keep it going....i will be wathcin

Seems more pure lines are finding thier way into closets, I am eager to see how your malawi performs!

good shot... she dun turned ...

I was starting to think I may not be able to get her to drop, definately a solid lady, she resisted so hard!

Cheers

convex

convex

Finally getting some cold weather ...

Introduced a 400 MH between to bring temps up and added spectrum.

I can now stop using humidity robbing electric heat to offset daytime temps and set it lower for night cycle maintenance only.

;)

winta

winta

that is one skinny girl! congrats on the reversal thus far :) how she smellin?

Top Bottom