Obama Administration's War On Pot: Oaksterdam Founder Richard Lee's Exclusive Interview After Raid

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I agree about Romney...

the white moral majority can swallow a MMJ pill from him MUUUUUUUCCCCHHHH easier than a black cat....period.

Rollo smokes weed....

I had an old sheriff in MS tell me that if a black man drank wine, he smoked marijuana and stole , also.

If tidy whitey Mitt says MMJ is ok....well fuck.....it must be ok.....

Good point squigly

squiggly

squiggly

If he cant make it better how can he make it worse?

I'm actually really happy to have an answer for this which I believe you might accept, and that I believe represents reality:

Presidential clout counts for some things and in some places. If the president were to, for instance, demand that the federal law be upheld regardless of state laws *cough*GeorgeBush*cough* then the administration will usually move forward with this. As it goes to Attorney General Holder, this is a guy who is in line with Obama more or less. He will pretty much do as the president asks.

It is my belief that Obama was duped into believing that Leonhart was such a person (the narrative which developed through the confirmation process betrays this in so many ways) and that he has paid a dear price for it. As it stands here his presidential clout doesn't count for much. However, if he decided--today--that he wanted to start arresting patients--he could have Leonhart doing this before the sun sets. Mitt Romney will have a similar button to push at his disposal--and to my mind that spells disaster.

You'll notice that since this unfolded--the GOP has backed off of their anti-drug message considerably. The reason for this is that they are perfectly happy to let us convince ourselves that Obama is anti-pot.

I can't make clear enough that to them we are all a bunch of stupid hippies and we deserve to be in jail. To Obama--we are simply not the top priority as of now, and there also doesn't happen to be much he can do right now except lend his voice.

I firmly believe that if re-elected Obama will be an advocate for MMJ, and perhaps even taxation and legalization. As it stands now he knows what I know:

Coming out with a strong stance on pot and making promises about it in an election year would be committing political suicide. If he commits political suicide in some feeble attempt to serve the "greater good" what we end up with is a dude who is at the head of a party that wants to jail anyone who does any drugs, and to legislate the Bible. Its not a worthwhile tradeoff.

jyip

jyip

Rollo smokes weed....

I had an old sheriff in MS tell me that if a black man drank wine, he smoked marijuana and stole , also.
which reminds me,,,how do you tell when ,,nah forget it,,,,lol

Top Bottom