Ob's Tent

• Thread starter OrganicBandt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I

worst plants I've ever grown were pineapple chunk by bf

I feel like thats more of a pineapple chunk problem than anything. Ive heard so many horror stories about that strain being just awful all around.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

I

worst plants I've ever grown were pineapple chunk by bf

Good to know, I grew vanilla Kush by bf about 5 years ago, it was decent, not amazing
This critical Kush will be outdoors
I don't plan on using any tent space for her, only the Gorilla Glue 4, any experience with gg4?

They sure did OB, i have 45 mins til my lights come on and i get to see how my ladies liked their first bloom tea, my soil mix is hot so i may have to slow down a bit on the tea.

I'm sure they loved it!
I swear waiting for lights on in flower is like I'm a child getting a present again lol
I'll be mixing up a new tea next week, I personally don't have an issue with tea feedings weekly, they always respond well but my teas are basic compost/kelp/alfalfa/grokashi
Nothing fancy

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Good to know, I grew vanilla Kush by bf about 5 years ago, it was decent, not amazing
This critical Kush will be outdoors
I don't plan on using any tent space for her, only the Gorilla Glue 4, any experience with gg4?

I'm sure they loved it!
I swear waiting for lights on in flower is like I'm a child getting a present again lol
I'll be mixing up a new tea next week, I personally don't have an issue with tea feedings weekly, they always respond well but my teas are basic compost/kelp/alfalfa/grokashi
Nothing fancy

Yea you do your tea about the same as i do, i throw in peruvian seabird guano at transition though for that extra kick of N since my flower mix lacks N. I know how you feel about waiting for the lights, im the same way.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Yea you do your tea about the same as i do, i throw in peruvian seabird guano at transition though for that extra kick of N since my flower mix lacks N. I know how you feel about waiting for the lights, im the same way.

Shouldn't have an issue
From what I've read it's hard to 'burn' with a compost tea
How many hours did you bubble?
I used a 45lpm pump and bubble for 24-36 hours
I need to get a 6row malted barley tea whipped up

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Shouldn't have an issue
From what I've read it's hard to 'burn' with a compost tea
How many hours did you bubble?
I used a 45lpm pump and bubble for 24-36 hours
I need to get a 6row malted barley tea whipped up

I generally bubble 24-48 hrs. Its almost always ready by 24 but if i started it a day early and the plants seem a lite moist still ill let it go another day. Never done malted barley, what are the benefits if you dont mind me asking.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

I generally bubble 24-48 hrs. Its almost always ready by 24 but if i started it a day early and the plants seem a lite moist still ill let it go another day. Never done malted barley, what are the benefits if you dont mind me asking.

Similar to what I do
I mix it up the day before watering but if too moist I'll let it bubble for another 12-18 hours

The malted barley adds enzymes to the soil that help the microbes break down the soil ingredients faster, allowing the plant to uptake more

At least that's the way I understand it
Grind up the malted barley, and either
Top dress and water on each plant
Or bubble for no more that 4 hours and apply
Anything more than the 4 hours and it gets too acidic and can cause some major damage

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Similar to what I do
I mix it up the day before watering but if too moist I'll let it bubble for another 12-18 hours

The malted barley adds enzymes to the soil that help the microbes break down the soil ingredients faster, allowing the plant to uptake more

At least that's the way I understand it
Grind up the malted barley, and either
Top dress and water on each plant
Or bubble for no more that 4 hours and apply
Anything more than the 4 hours and it gets too acidic and can cause some major damage

I see! I will have to give that a go! Thanks for the tip!

2 more mins til lights on XD

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I see! I will have to give that a go! Thanks for the tip!

2 more mins til lights on XD

And you were right they loved the tea. Here is one gal looking mighty religous this morning.

20160113 120415

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Looking great arctic! Those leaves are praying to the light! I see plenty of dense nugs in your future!
What's the flower time on that strain?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Looking great arctic! Those leaves are praying to the light! I see plenty of dense nugs in your future!
What's the flower time on that strain?

Breeder says 9-11 weeks which to me means 11 weeks but im using gt21's secret weapon lets see of we can speed that up a week or two.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

There's a pic of the Sunshine daydream pheno I kept from last run, she's the clone in the back right corner of my tent

Also my IG for anyone on Instagram

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Breeder says 9-11 weeks which to me means 11 weeks but im using gt21's secret weapon lets see of we can speed that up a week or two.

Forgot to mention that the 6 row can speed up flowering as well
I've had a few strains finish 10 days sooner than normal

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

6 row Malted barley
Sorry!

Oh oh ohhhh thats good to know, i was talking about those reptisuns GT is running but im definitely giving that barley a shot now. Bet i can get it real cheap at the feed store.

Scratch that the stiller supply store.

Found the 6 row in town for 2 dollas a lb! Not too bad for the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Oh oh ohhhh thats good to know, i was talking about those reptisuns GT is running but im definitely giving that barley a shot now. Bet i can get it real cheap at the feed store.

Scratch that the stiller supply store.

Found the 6 row in town for 2 dollas a lb! Not too bad for the middle of nowhere.

Price sounds right! I pay 1.50 a pound in Southern California

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Silver Mountain 1

Sunshine daydream (seed)

Sunshine daydream 3(clone)

Silver Mountain 2

Haven't taken close ups so figure I would

Latest posts

Top Bottom