Ocean Forest No More...

• Thread starter Nosmas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I have hit or miss experiences with it as well. Friends do very well so I think the water source has a lot to do with it. I've been adding extra lime and it seems to keep the ph in check more consistently since.

H

HolliHerb

with FFOF. you would need to start feeding the ladies after a month or so. If your not using any additional ferts when flowering. So after a month, the plants would use up all available nutrients in the FFOF inside the pot. You would need to supplement nutrients or repot your plants. Normally I try not to repot during flower but if your confident enough to than it would definitely help out. MG will work for you because its time release last a hell longer than one month. FFOF will last one month feeding your plants than its up to you to supplement.

ph pen is extremely essential to growing cannabis. Mostly if you plan to consume it (smoke or edibles). If ph is a factor in your area (my local tap ph is 8.2) than you would need to use ph down (lime juice works).

My tap is 8.2 I am currently using FFOF with great success, I supplement nutrients when I see the plants needs feeding. After that, it would be nutrient fed every third feeding, when I get about 5 weeks in I feed with nutrients every other watering. In between nutrient feeding I just water with plain ol dehumidifier water with ppm of 1. This help with salt build up and I find that I don't need to flush as long with this method. I use tap water when feeding the ladies nutrients as tap water contains all trace elements I would need, so cal mag won't be necessary.

got some pics?

H

HolliHerb

ph pen will help you with your water solution and as well as find out problems.

a ppm/tds pen will help you know how strong your nutrients is. A tds pen will take the guessing game out of the equation when mixing nutrients.

If purchasing a pen isn't possible, than start nutrients on a low dose (1/4 of what the bottle says) and work your way up. Measurements can be found online.

1tsp = 5ml
1 drop - .05ml so 20 drops = 1ml
1tbs = 3tsp

Ph is everything when it comes to growing cannabis. IF your ph is off, certain value of nutrients will not be available and can cause loads of problems.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I didn't realize you said you hadn't been feeding them, no doubt that's the problem. If you find you can't control the nutrients in this soil consider a switch to coco and the basic feed schedule described by Botanicare, Canna or other nutrient companies. It is easier to deal with.

E

ELITE GENETICS

FFocean forest is to hot..burns up seedlings,i lost hundreds of seeds due to that shit..best FF soil is happy frog or light warrior or yeah pro mix is good shit & they make certified organic promix at some locations to & only a tiny bit more expensive..

I was never able to use it successfully. Im a small medical personal operation at 400 watts HPS and everytime I used Ocean Forest my plants trickled out after three or four weeks of flowering and died prematurely with wispy buds at best. Admitedly I never added any additional fertilizer. I switched to Miracle Grow as a joke to myself (out of fustration) knowing that the time released was bad for me etc...etc...and have not had plants this good in years.
i just know that Ocean Forest should be the better choice for me but for some reason the Wall-Mart dirt is working better.
Any opinions?

Top Bottom