Octabubbler Issues

• Thread starter whocares
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whocares

I have been running bubblers for a couple years but recently I’ve been having issues. I’m no longer getting equal flow from each emitter. I’ve checked for clogged lines, replaced bubblers, etc.

Anybody else run into issues with them?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Post a pic if you can.

If it' just a normal rail.with misters, remove mister, use a small drill bit, tooth pick, or the like and remove the clog.

Freshone

Freshone

Octabubblers are manifolds with water lines coming off of them DT so similar.
Hey you got 2 years out of an octa just replace it for 10 bucks and be done with it,you can throw them in a bucket of CLR and try to clean them but the calcium will just break off and tend to plug again.they do make a repair kit but its 1/3 or more the cost of new and doesn't always help,just keep a couple new ones around and replace them like a bulb or other expendable.

W

whocares

Octabubblers are manifolds with water lines coming off of them DT so similar.
Hey you got 2 years out of an octa just replace it for 10 bucks and be done with it,you can throw them in a bucket of CLR and try to clean them but the calcium will just break off and tend to plug again.they do make a repair kit but its 1/3 or more the cost of new and doesn't always help,just keep a couple new ones around and replace them like a bulb or other expendable.

I thought the same thing and replaced them. Same issue.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Could it be that your 1/4" lines are gummed up? I run low ph water through my system between each cycle.

Every now and then I catch a fanjet that isn't really flowing and just swap it out then break it down and clear whatever was blocking it. Been running the same Octabublers for around 5 years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom