Od Growers Diverting Water? Get Ready For This

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The units we operated in the Marine Corps could deal with radioactive contaminated water.
nice.
I guess we only need about half a million of those to get started on the Pacific.

We could pump all the waste water into the Gulf of Mexico, where it belongs, lol!

In all seriousness, thanks for your service, CelticEBE.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Here's my question regarding desal'd water--who gets it? It's more expensive than pumping Colorado River or Sierra snowpack water (what's left of it), and there's at least one giganto well in SoCal that I personally know of that isn't going for ag. So, who'd get that water, and at what rate, and how would that play with Prop 1?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Here is a crazy idea..... How about a nuclear power plant and a salt water treatment facility. Pretty much unlimited power for all the water treatment power needs. Now I am really walking on thin ice.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

nice.
I guess we only need about half a million of those to get started on the Pacific.

We could pump all the waste water into the Gulf of Mexico, where it belongs, lol!

In all seriousness, thanks for your service, CelticEBE.
I was proud to have served. Then years later I found out what the military is actually used for, and has been for quite some time. Have you ever heard of Smedley Butler and the speech he went around giving after he retired from the USMC?

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

I was proud to have served. Then years later I found out what the military is actually used for
Same here. When I served, I didn't know any better. Knowing what I know today, I would never serve. I won't be a pawn to be discarded in a bloody war so that corporate "fat cats" can line their pockets.

Have you ever heard of Smedley Butler and the speech he went around giving after he retired from the USMC?
Yep...I've known about him for quite sometime now. He went around telling anyone who would listen that the military is just about serving the interests of corporations working in conjunction w/ elected officials.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was proud to have served. Then years later I found out what the military is actually used for, and has been for quite some time. Have you ever heard of Smedley Butler and the speech he went around giving after he retired from the USMC?
Will check him out...
Of course our troops are considered more like tools and pawns rather than human beings. I also understand and agree with you on the corporate empire. Been the same theme since history has been recorded (By the winners of all conflicts)...

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hey guys, I would respond in opposition to your comments but I would be banned for political talk that goes against the grain. Maybe we can stop the anti military talk huh? Sounds political anyways.

Thanks for your service guys.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To be clear, we have no issue with military people or those who have served. The issue, which is indeed political, is with those who direct their efforts. :)

In the meantime, we've managed to fill our pond using mostly rain water. About 1,500 gallons.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Hey guys, I would respond in opposition to your comments but I would be banned for political talk that goes against the grain. Maybe we can stop the anti military talk huh? Sounds political anyways.

Thanks for your service guys.
If America had not been in all these wars to protect American interest, how else would WE live our luxorious American lives, present, past and possibly future. Thank you for your service
Naz

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Yeah...didn't mean to sidetrack things.....this thread is about water. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon....gotta get in the yard and get some work done.

@Bulldog11 and @nazarbattu , if you would like to discuss Politics with a US Marine, please feel free to PM me.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Yeah...didn't mean to sidetrack things.....this thread is about water. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon....gotta get in the yard and get some work done.

@Bulldog11 and @nazarbattu , if you would like to discuss Politics with a US Marine, please feel free to PM me.
No problem I should have checked the title before I posted and I would not be offended if a mod deletes my post. I apologize to the thread starter.
Naz

Latest posts

Top Bottom