Odd Question About Potency

• Thread starter Foxlink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

I have been told that the potency of a mother plant's seeds are half the potency as the mother, and if cloned they are even less as potent on THC and CBD… is this correct?

-Fox

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Nah that's all hippy crap. I've grown some seeds that were waaaaay better than the mom my grape drank cut was super weak but sexy and tasty added some ghost og an got the best of both worlds. Also clones are just that clones they are the same as the mom they came from

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

lol Yup and when you take a clone from 4th generation its even more less potent

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
lol Yup and when you take a clone from 4th generation its even more less potent
I hope you are kidding and not spreading shenanigans my day wrecker clone is atleast 10 yrs old plus I know its been in my family for that long and every few years my boy takes new clones and makes a new mom and the plant never changes only way I can see genetic drift like that is if you take sick clones from a sick mom

R

rascali

The only possible non-crap exception to all of that being total bull dip, is if the original seeds were the hybrid progeny of "pure" strains. Properly done, those seeds can exhibit a "hybrid vigor" that is lost in further breeding.

I should mention that those type of seeds aren't really available anymore...

Foxlink

Foxlink

Nah that's all hippy crap. I've grown some seeds that were waaaaay better than the mom my grape drank cut was super weak but sexy and tasty added some ghost og an got the best of both worlds. Also clones are just that clones they are the same as the mom they came from

I hope you are kidding and not spreading shenanigans my day wrecker clone is at least 10 yrs old plus I know its been in my family for that long and every few years my boy takes new clones and makes a new mom and the plant never changes only way I can see genetic drift like that is if you take sick clones from a sick mom

thank you, Kat- I know my babies aren't "pure", but I wanted to know for sure, because from the looking of how well they are at only 12 days old they aren't junk weed. Plus the question was brought up because my brother (who is trying to grow WW) said that and I wanted to know for absolute sure he was 'blowing smoke'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom