odd stretch no bud on autos is it me or are they shit

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Thats the thing... they are , aside from a few that i have seen.. very wild and unpredictable. they will just grow a wall of leaves on a tiny bud, or have a 17" node spacing out of nowhere.

"bubbles voice' they arrrrre fuuuuhcked!

straincreation

straincreation

Or confused.. again mr. Right brain has the auto experience what he is saying makes sense its just a confused girl, looks extre ely confused to me like a light leak but its an auto so need not apply this theory.
Anyway BOL!
Happy farmin;)

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Autoflowers have given me a lot of joy though , in a sick way..
my favorite is watching kids try and grow them with cfl lights... lol they stretch like crazy and grow this tiny tiiny bud, i call it the 'ET finger'

They start out all stoked in veg.. then about week 4 shit starts to get sketchy.. their like " uhh guys.. can you top auto flowers?" week 5 is fiilled with worry and death defying bending and tying of of said freak plant.... lol.. i know im evil.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

That's what i am saying I almost wondering if they jus did not actually hit flowers when i put them in 12 12 from 18 6 as they were showing (not supposed to affect autos) but I think this may have changed their cycle somehow and then revegged due to the light change and all rudirals are use to slow change by natural selection and will now Take a few weeks longer and be weak but slightly full at the same time but then I feel it just may be auto flower plants that don't like me

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I did pull a shit ton of leaf as i am a defoli guy and i feel this will help overall so i do agree with the ton of leaf on a tiny bud this is how i discovered the problem. I saw mass leaf figured i would pick some and was like WTF

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

OK everyone i think i may have found the issue here anyone want to put in some info on how infrared light may affect my grow iv got two IR cameras in my grow room notice how it illuminates the plants and in the top corner is the other it looks like a night light from here i think this is the autos problem but why wouldn't the regular plants be affected I do have a little extra stretching on some but I attest that to my lights being stationary under that shelf at the beginning of flower and we're up three feet from the plants for the first two weeks or so

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:o Oh, shit..!

So, my question to YOU is this--are the plants being hit hardest by the IR light the ones showing the reveg crapola? I can't answer your questions about whether or not, let alone why, but I think you're onto something. AND, if the 'regs' aren't doing this, maybe you've inadvertently uncovered something about autoflowering genetics that isn't known, or commonly known.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well actually as of the last rearrange the regular strains are under the direct light of the camera no in fact I believe that the autos have always been on the other side of the room if my flash would quit you can see the whole room lit up almost entirely tho. However before I made the last change the regs were much shorter than the autos and the camera was pointing directly at them so I have no real clue as to how much they have been getting I am almost now interested in finding out if I can vegg and maybe even flower with just IR YOU KNOW HOW CHEAP THAT WOULD BE TO RUN???? I am almost positive that I will not be able to flower without a tonnage of wattage but veggies are another story Screw MH and T5 I am gonna try the first IR vegg lol

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

I'll tell you what looks odd to me, not knowing a thing about auto-flowering cannabis lines, is this--are they able to re-veg? Because that first set of pix those plants look like they've revegged hard.
I def think you're right (somehow the autos are Re-vegginng?) that's totally the first thing I thought was, looks like a light leak or darkness interruption. Maybe autos flower best in 18 hours or more of light... Ruderalis are from the tundra. They probably finish in 24 hours of light. Autos suck, but just my opinion. CEA is about control. Less of it with autos

canadaseed

canadaseed

imo auto's don't suck... they have their place. in some situations they suck, yes. but in others they are good. for the personal home grower needing to finish something fast that is decent smoke, the right auto could be the perfect plant for that person. Also you can incorporate autos into large scale grows. If you select a good strain and develop a fast seed to finish method it could be a good crop to make edibles, extracts, hash, etc... For example if properly calculated you could grow your auto's and normal crop in the same room.

let's say a medium size grow 800W - 1000W
7-9 normal plants
5-6 auto plant
you raise the main crop up on buckets and grow the auto's underneath... get some fluo's in there too. By the time the main crop is going into flower the auto's should be just about finishing. You might not get the most amazing nugs but still good medicine.

Top Bottom