Ode To Urkle

• Thread starter alaskind
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alaskind

alaskind

First off I'd like to admit im no breeder.I am a long time grower tho and i have a few questions on breeding that the strain "purple urkle" has raised in my mind. So ivw been growing whenever possable since 97.... as most of.you do i have a short list of.strains that have lwft impressions on me. Destroyer..... super skunk..... grapefruit... then i grew a greqt cut of widow.... this was all before i made my pilgrimage from alaska to mendo ca. I found myself in a large veg rom on my first day working for.les at mendo remedies that i fist smelled urkle.... i turned and asked what strain is this? he kinda grinned and said " thats urkle, all u need to know about the purps"
Well a.long time has passed since then and i have to
say that no purple that ive smoked has got that flavor and color combo...
Ive seen p.u. command premium prices in overfull markets more than once. Ive aeen seasoned heads and new smokers reach for.it above others... to me its no doubt world class smoke all by itself.
Now most strains or even elite cuts that are even half as good are pursued by breeders and hacks alike.... why is no one selling seeds of urkle? there are plenty of crosses made with it but no pure urks avail. i know its a low yielder but so is og and even bubba and they are widely available. does it just not breed true? i cant imagine it.lacks for quality.... so y cant i get it in seed form?
Downloadfile

Calixylon

Calixylon

Honestly i think its becasue there a boring plant to grow, they veg so goddamn slow its not even fun growing them, at least if thats all your running. I just ran some querkle crosses, and it felt like i vegged them for over 3 months and the plants are tiny still. Now when i come home the growth on my other strains smashes purps in terms of veg.

H

happy b

They do! Subfool,i mean cool does an urkle back cross called deep purple.urkle and urkle crosses are some of the bezt tasting buds iv ever smoked . iv got some thunderbud from holy smoke seeds (urkle x pineapple funk) that's simply gorgeous and it's no slow grower either!fruity fruity dankness on a 50/50 sativa/indica plant with solid resin encrustee nugs of sweet fruit flavored joy . I love urkle and urkle crosses!

alaskind

alaskind

is that urkle or mendo purps that you were talking about
.Because the purps are much beter then purple urkle
.I found more urkle in Humboldt , and more purps in mendo( Ukiah )
Im definatly talking about urkle vs. mendo purps. I didnt spend much time north of garberville so i cant comment on Humbolt, but the purps yielded better than urkle but to me it had less grape flavor.

alaskind

alaskind

Honestly i think its becasue there a boring plant to grow, they veg so goddamn slow its not even fun growing them, at least if thats all your running. I just ran some querkle crosses, and it felt like i vegged them for over 3 months and the plants are tiny still. Now when i come home the growth on my other strains smashes purps in terms of veg.
I agree its low yieldin and slow, but has been pointed out it has remained in clone form& in some reliable breeders stables due to quality... just odd there are no s1s...

Calixylon

Calixylon

It will always demand good price and people always love purps. The color purple for some reason draws many in, the conniseurs like us know the drawbacks, but i love the grapey taste and smell, and always have some around for head stash, and oil is amazing because it has the great flavor, but gives it a huge potency kick.

But there will always be people who are new to smoking weed, and the novelty of purple weed will always be an amazing selling point. Its always around in every shop and dispensary. Everyone and their grandma has smoked sour d and purps, but its still a staple in almost everyones room if you have a great cut. But with the strains now people want something they havent smoked yet, and purps is a flavor everyone has smoked. We want cookies! now thats getting "played out" for some, and ive never even smoked cookies yet! But in 10-20 years cookies will be like purps and sour d, same type of weed, great taste but the yield isnt as great. At least the cookies are fun to watch in veg, i hear there quite vigorous. Some Purple Urkle Sour Cookies sounds good. Maybe boost the yields with the sour dd

alaskind

alaskind

They do! Subfool,i mean cool does an urkle back cross called deep purple.urkle and urkle crosses are some of the bezt tasting buds iv ever smoked . iv got some thunderbud from holy smoke seeds (urkle x pineapple funk) that's simply gorgeous and it's no slow grower either!fruity fruity dankness on a 50/50 sativa/indica plant with solid resin encrustee nugs of sweet fruit flavored joy . I love urkle and urkle crosses!
Great to.hear about the thunderbud! I wondered about Holy SMokes gear.... might make for a good cross with deep purple.... hmmmm

alaskind

alaskind

It will always demand good price and people always love purps. The color purple for some reason draws many in, the conniseurs like us know the drawbacks, but i love the grapey taste and smell, and always have some around for head stash, and oil is amazing because it has the great flavor, but gives it a huge potency kick.

But there will always be people who are new to smoking weed, and the novelty of purple weed will always be an amazing selling point, its always around, the same as sour d is getting now. Everyone and their grandma has smoked sour d and purps, but its still a stable in almost everyones room if you have a great cut.
But with the strains now people want something they havent smoked yet, and purps is a flavor everyone has smoked.
U nailed the reason i went with Kimbo instead of the aforementioned Thunderbud

zeke

zeke

Ur Urkle, Ur Urkle
Will you be mine?
My darling purps,
Smoke you all the time
I'm just a pothead
A pothead all stoned on you...

Ur Urkle, Ur Urkle
The one I adore
I'll smoke you a little bit,
Then puff you somemore
I'm just a pothead,
A Pothead all stoned on you...
Come on people sing it with me...

H

happy b

Just got some bodhi testers in and one of the strains was...yip,urkle x old mama ghani.bodhi you are the man.

Top Bottom