Oder Control Without Carbon Filter?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

I am looking for an alternative to using a carbon filter and fan to keep odor under control. I can't afford a filter and fan combo but need to try to keep odor to a minimum.

Can anyone who has first hand experience please let me know whats worked for them?

Was looking at this http://fwd4.me/06Tm but wanted other options.

This will go in a 36"x20"x6' Tent.

Thank you!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

ona gel

its the concentrated stuff they use to make potpourri

its like $15 per gallon

R

Rasta Man

be careful with odour controlling gels and things like that.. a guy i know uses this type or used to use this type of odour control and the smell of the gel or what ever he used i cant remember the brand but it made the weed taste like air freshener..

M

MTM

nothing works but a carbon filter,Ive used ona and its a waist of cash

sky high

sky high

Yup...smells like you threw weed in your laundry when you walk outside yer house.

sure won't foool anyone who knows what weed smells like.

Is jail and an attorney ever cheaper than a carbon filter?

ya just gotta pony up if yer gonna play and keep playin'

good luck

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

I use an Ozone Generator in an adjacent room & everything's cool with minimal if any smell ,,,

The Joker

The Joker

The gels are worthless. I bought some when I first started and they did not do a darn thing. Put them near my cats litter box before I threw them out.

A carbon filter with a proper fan is cheaper than bail or being burglarized. No ways around it.

I also tried a small ozone ball ( $$) , not effective. Near the litter box it was ok.

I started without it and exhausted outside. It got stinky quick. Had to go buy they filter. I use an air purifier with a carbon sleeve on it for curing my buds. It's in the same room when they are drying out. Cuts smell about 70%, but nothing like the carbon filter.

Phresh filters are quite good. When used properly , they can last 2 years and are not much more than can filters which only last one.

sky high

sky high

You have a very pampered cat, Joker! LOL

Phresh filters also don't weigh a ton like Can Filters. Holy shit. Dem fuggers are HEAVY.

NeWcS

NeWcS

Well it sounds like a carbon filter is the only way to go. Can anyone recommend a very low-cost, but effective combo filter/fan?

sky high

sky high

check ebay, bro. Lotsa knock-offs and brand names too.

Remember, a filter/fan will set ya back a bit but the peace of mind is priceless.

just plant more plants once yer covered and rock the fuck out of it and things will all work out (better) in the end.

M

MTM

hydro wholesale has some combos of 4 inch fans and fiter pretty cheap and they will work.I ran a 7x7 flower room and ran the filter and fan combo for an 8x8 area and it worked fine for a year,fan and filter was under 200 bucks if your pinched.I run the 6x24 phresh now and its 200 bucks but I cant smell anything even right up on the plants

S

Steel Erection

I grabbed 2 - 8" fan/filter combos off ebay last time around, it ran me like 500 for both combo's they work great. -SE

Rushoe

Rushoe

Phresh filters cheap and effective had mine for about maybe 8 months now still working and it was a one I traded a homie that had already used it one run....Works bomb i think he paid 120$ for the filter and I got a 6'' fan from ebay for 115$ borrow the cash if u have to bro don't caught cuz of the smell.Good luck.

K

Kief Stoned

Nothing will work except a fan/filter. Trust me. You can get a fan and fiter on ebay for under 150.00 total for both. Sometimes around 120.00 it just depends.. If I were you I would start saving right now. Security is everything.

NeWcS

NeWcS

Yeah I think I'll stick with my ozone generate for the price for now.

K

kes5480

Hey bro I'm lookin for a cheap carbon filter/ inline fan combo and I came across really good deals on amazon

hope it helps...peace

Top Bottom