Odor Absorbing Gel

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

I have one plant right now in a closet, no room for a Carbon filter. My plant is about ready to be switched over and I was wondering how effective odor absorbing gels work for a tiny grow. I'm looking at a cheap Walmart one right now because I don't want to go to my hydroponic store, which is an hour away, and over pay for ona gel. I heard CVS's total home absorbing gel works wonders, but my CVS doesn't carry it. My plant is only going to be around 2' and I'm using cfls so heat isn't an issue.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have one plant right now in a closet, no room for a Carbon filter. My plant is about ready to be switched over and I was wondering how effective odor absorbing gels work for a tiny grow. I'm looking at a cheap Walmart one right now because I don't want to go to my hydroponic store, which is an hour away, and over pay for ona gel. I heard CVS's total home absorbing gel works wonders, but my CVS doesn't carry it. My plant is only going to be around 2' and I'm using cfls so heat isn't an issue.

I've never used ona before so I cannot comment on its usefulnes

what do you consider a small space length Ɨ width Ɨ height?

A 2' plant does not necessarily mean there will be little smell.

I have a 2'x2'x5' space

My plants are almost 2ft right now after initial stretch (23.5"+).

And last grow I had only 1 female.
But whenever I opened the tent it wreaked, in a good way. Could fill up the whole apt with stank.

I'm very glad I had a carbon filter to filter that stuff.

Mari420

Mari420

I've never used ona before so I cannot comment on its usefulnes

what do you consider a small space length Ɨ width Ɨ height?

A 2' plant does not necessarily mean there will be little smell.

I have a 2'x2'x5' space

My plants are almost 2ft right now after initial stretch (23.5"+).

And last grow I had only 1 female.
But whenever I opened the tent it wreaked, in a good way. Could fill up the whole apt with stank.

I'm very glad I had a carbon filter to filter that stuff.
The closest is pretty big but I only use like 2'x2'x2'. However, it's not closed off so the smell would get into the whole closet and house.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Ona gel is pretty good...but like most scented things you're basically just covering up one smell with another. I'd also be hesitant to put the gel in the same area as my flowering plants, especially in such a small space. I'm no chemist, but I'd be worried about the gels affecting the final product if they are in close proximity.

There really is no substitute for a carbon filter if smell is any concern. Check out Phresh filters, they have some pretty small sizes, you might be surprised what you can do...

Mari420

Mari420

Ona gel is pretty good...but like most scented things you're basically just covering up one smell with another. I'd also be hesitant to put the gel in the same area as my flowering plants, especially in such a small space. I'm no chemist, but I'd be worried about the gels affecting the final product if they are in close proximity.

There really is no substitute for a carbon filter if smell is any concern. Check out Phresh filters, they have some pretty small sizes, you might be surprised what you can do...
Ona gel, and any other odor absorning gel neutralizes the smell, not covers it up. But yes you are correct that putting it in the grow room would not be smart, the plant will start to taste and smell like the gel. I've been getting so many mixed reviews about the gels. Some say it works like a charm and others say it doesn't work for shit. I'm actually getting some from Walmart and switching her over today.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I've used Ona Gel... and I realize they say it "absorbs" and "neutralizes" the smell....but it has a very distinct smell of it's own and this is what your closet/room/apartment/house will smell like instead of your flowers if you use it and not a carbon filter.

Mari420

Mari420

I've used Ona Gel... and I realize they say it "absorbs" and "neutralizes" the smell....but it has a very distinct smell of it's own and this is what your closet/room/apartment/house will smell like instead of your flowers if you use it and not a carbon filter.
Yeah I read up on that. It makes the room smell like whatever the gel smells like. I burn incense so that would also help cover up the smells, but not by much.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used ona for years spray and the gell i put the gell next to my exaust. Ona masks the smell it will not naturalize it completely your house will smell like fresh linen wnd buds its helps alot but its not perfect

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I hade some stuff that worked very well only problem I had was my inline fan was sucking the smell out side and could smell it for a good block smelled like I was moping the floor in my house at all times

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do NOT put that in your grow room. Your flowers will taste like the one gel. I use their ona spray in a glade cannister spray thing. Put some cardboard under it so it works. Alot cheaper than buying on a sprayer contraption.

Mari420

Mari420

Do NOT put that in your grow room. Your flowers will taste like the one gel. I use their ona spray in a glade cannister spray thing. Put some cardboard under it so it works. Alot cheaper than buying on a sprayer contraption.
I got 3 odor absorbing gels from Walmart, 2 are the same and one is little balls. I'm starting to switch her over tonight, if the smell gets too bad and the gels don't work, I will be putting her outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom