Odor Escaping Room

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

I'm ripping whatever hair I have left trying to plug up the smell permeating to the front of my house.
I'm trying to run a sealed environment in my bedrooms and I caulked all the cracks and baseboards and even added weather strips to my doors.

Since I painted my walls white I did not panda film anything and my question is it possible for the odor to seep through the walls. Someone at the store told me if moisture can go through walls so can the odor.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

eh....no.

tell us some more about what you have going on. it takes alot to seal a room 100%.

how are you using fans, are you using a filter. air cooled hoods? they leak a ton of air and smell if you dont seal the shit out of them. magnums and blockbusters both leak like sieves. also even with layers of tape i never got the flex duct sealed, duct clamps ftw.

just got a new raptor and have heard they are nicely sealed, but cant confirm that yet.

smell will find any way out. i eventually just went to a filter at the end of my ducting line and never looked back. sucks any stank from the rooms in the basement and dumps nice clean air upstairs.

hiboy

hiboy

Your exhaust fan might be doing something naughty,
whats the deal with ur air conditioner. Wheres that spitting out at
hb

evu80

evu80

i got a vortex 2050 cfm fan pulling through one of those 100+ lbs can filters and yet it smells like dank outside. I'm in a isolated area so im fairly certain its not someone nearby. One certain days its worse than others depending on how windy it is.

My room is roughly 2200 cubic feet and my exhaust runs 24/7. SOMEHOW my place still smells like dank on the inside as well as outside. So I've switched over to sealed environment and the odor still lingers. I have a Window mounted AC and that is suppose to circulate the air inside the room

S

seebobsled

Try to slow down the fan. I think your not getting the contact time for your carbon filter to work effective.

hiboy

hiboy

i got a vortex 2050 cfm fan pulling through one of those 100+ lbs can filters and yet it smells like dank outside. I'm in a isolated area so im fairly certain its not someone nearby. One certain days its worse than others depending on how windy it is.

My room is roughly 2200 cubic feet and my exhaust runs 24/7. SOMEHOW my place still smells like dank on the inside as well as outside. So I've switched over to sealed environment and the odor still lingers. I have a Window mounted AC and that is suppose to circulate the air inside the room
Pretty sure its ur air conditioner. or at least a part of it is.
my portables do the same thing yet they do output air from the room
hb

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Try to slow down the fan. I think your not getting the contact time for your carbon filter to work effective.

I have also been told that slowing air flow down as it passes through the filter makes it more effective. However, I doubt this is your only problem. Good luck.

outwest

S

seebobsled

Run a negative air pressure in room no carbon and have someone smoke or burn some incense outside the room and see if window and or your ac is leaking odor.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I have the same issues I had to get a 5 gallon bucket of ona gel that helped out alot!!! I sealed the fuck out of my room caulked everything, then covered with panda wrap and over lapped and double taped the shit out of that. Some how the smell still escapes, I am running window units also with the vent closed so nothing should be leaving through that. I'm not sure how, maybe its just to powerfull of a smell to conceal. Maybe with 1 600 watt light you could be when there is a bunch of flowering plants trapped it one room the smell just builds up overtime... fuckman I dont know good luck.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

look on YouTube for Barry Cooper.

Find his explanation of how weed smells permeate different materials at different rates.

He is a former Texas Drug Interdiction officer. He TRAINED dope dogs for police.

Good info...not ancedotal pothead stuff.

Yes...your walls can bleed smell thru them.

Dunge

Dunge

For the past month I have been using a Febreze plugin inside the flower space.
This thing hammers the dank and turns it into some designer fragrance.
My outside exhaust air is now safe, and what little gets into my home smells "nice".
It's good enough to keep my wife quiet, and she has a very sensitive nose.
I have yet to learn if it has any residual impact on product, but this seems like a small threat compared to the alternative.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
carbon filter.

I smell nothing. Use ozone on the exhaust side as well if it is vented outside.

Its probably the AC. Look in to a mini split.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
For the past month I have been using a Febreze plugin inside the flower space.
This thing hammers the dank and turns it into some designer fragrance.
My outside exhaust air is now safe, and what little gets into my home smells "nice".
It's good enough to keep my wife quiet, and she has a very sensitive nose.
I have yet to learn if it has any residual impact on product, but this seems like a small threat compared to the alternative.

I am sure that this will make your flowers smell like febreeze.

darkpink

darkpink

i keep the house cold with my house ac , no window shit i dont trust it enough. run sealed tents inside sealed rooms with sealed light hoods that pull and exhaust air from other rooms.

glade plugins throught the entire house. one in every room including the flower room, fixes that problem with no carbon filter. if i add a carbon filter it will be recirculating in the room where the flower tents are and prolly be better and would never need glade plug ins.

dp

S

serpent

if your humidity is high your filters wont work as well.sounds like your a/c is leaking smell.tape about six incense sticks together.see if any smoke makes its way outside.maybe add a second 100 can filter and a 8 inch td silent to scrub the air really good.you can shut off your a/c during lights out to cut the smell in half(id only try this if you had a high temp shut off,very easy to forget to turn it back on).better to run the lights at night.

evu80

evu80

if your humidity is high your filters wont work as well.sounds like your a/c is leaking smell.tape about six incense sticks together.see if any smoke makes its way outside.maybe add a second 100 can filter and a 8 inch td silent to scrub the air really good.you can shut off your a/c during lights out to cut the smell in half(id only try this if you had a high temp shut off,very easy to forget to turn it back on).better to run the lights at night.

hey guys thanks for all the replies. After this run is over, I will try just about everything that was mentioned in this thread. One way or another, I will plug this smell.

I purposely left my AC off this weekend and ran fresh air exchange. It was more then cool enough outside and I was never in danger of overheating. In addition, I added two more scrubbers nearby and the smell still leaked inside when the lights are off and could be smelled heavily on certain days outside when the lights are on.

I do have a crawl space directly above with air ducts connecting each room. Before we started we had place a solid cover over each vents and taped it up. I will disconnect the ducting itself tonight in hope that this is the cause of the leak,

Again thanks for your inputs

Top Bottom