odor filter for newbies

• Thread starter Belial
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Belial

Hi to all!:hi

I am new here, find the side very helpfull, I have never grown by my self and I am thinking to start it as a new hobby
I think I will start with 3-5 small plants ( was thinking about lowryder #2).The grow room is quite small and Iwanted to ask you how to deal with the odor, have done some reserch about carbon filters, is there an easy and cheep way to built one of these? or an alternative?

G

gooey

yes there are DIY options but my opinion is let the pros take care of it when it comes to odor...no smell no tell...just my 2 cents...ona gel works decent as an add on to the filter....gl search function to find DIY options

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea I agree with gooey u don't want 2 mess up & let the stanky smell out.. Juss get the real deal filter & b safe

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I juss bought a Phresh filter last nite & the guy at the Dro Store said it will last 2 years.. That's pretty good if u ask me

darkmatter

darkmatter

at some regular stores they have the time mist sprayers the small white box with the can inside they can work.also potpourri thingys can help both are around twenty.you can put liquid ona in the pot and i think the oni spray fits in the regular sprayers.and even a fair amount them doller puck things that evaporate can help for a few plants.basically check ordinary oder helpers.and theirs fan filter combos for 100ish if you can stand a little monster rumbling while you sleep or think.if your concern istnt 100% 24hours a day and just when the wrong people can be around, some cheap stuff during times when the smells kickin could suit.

M

MTM

Good filters keep you out of prison,never skimp on the most important thing in your grow.You cant grow smoke in jail.I just bought the 6x24 phesh filter this week(2 year warranty)184.00,mountain air filters are warrantied for three years but most filters are for one year....

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Use a tiny air conditioner, and don't vent the area at all....

-TF

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

How big is your grow area? I cant see you needing that big of a filter.

S

sjstylz408

do you just refill it with new carbon or??? just replace it?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

dont use a tiny air conditioner as it will exchange air and leak smell. the best thing to do is buy fan/filter. It is seriously not the thing to skimp on even if you are legal! If you can, use the fan/filter as an exhaust and make a passive intake so that you keep negative pressure in your room, that will also help keep the smell in.

To size what size filter you need, multiply your room demensions and divide by 3 or 5 depending on your budget.

so a 10x10x10 room =1000 cubic feet/3 = 333.33 cfm (cubic feet per minute) Fan

mikeb437

mikeb437

i have roughly 20 cubic feet in my microgrow.. how small of a fan/filter can i buy? would it be ok to use just the ona gel and maybe a homemade carbon filter somehow attached to my 5 inch pc fan?

for my stealthgrow, i need something thats not too loud.. how loud is a fan/filter setup?

J

JonathonStrange

I just got a canna and4 inch fan. Tiny closet 2x2 or 3x3 I forget growing no more than three plants. 1) do I have to hang it or can I leave it standing in the corner with the fan pulling into it?

Top Bottom