% Of Perlite In Canna Terra Professional?

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi guys,

I'm making my soil mix up for my current grow (WWxBB), and I've been trying to find out what % of perlite is in Canna Terra Professional.

If anyone knows, I'd love to know.

Cheers, and happy growing !!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just a rule of thumb for me is ,add 30%,i have never had a mix of soil that had enough to just do a grow out of the bag,canna terra is coco i asume,and if it is same goes for the coco,air is a key factor along with any plant,and the coco ive run has always turned to mush,so i would add the 30% for my safe measure

Northernpop

Northernpop

Yes, I will bulk up the soil mix with around 1/4 to 1/3 perlite, as excellent airation does not cause any issues, if watering is spot on. I just wondered what % Terra pro added.

Many thanks, and happy growing!!

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

just a rule of thumb for me is ,add 30%,i have never had a mix of soil that had enough to just do a grow out of the bag,canna terra is coco i asume,and if it is same goes for the coco,air is a key factor along with any plant,and the coco ive run has always turned to mush,so i would add the 30% for my safe measure
Terra is their peat moss mix. It doesn't use only perlite for air so it's kind of difficult to know how much perlite alone they use. Its also preloaded with nutrients and microbes, and a weird mix to try to emulate. OP, you're probably better off just to mix a % and decide from there. To answer your question quick though, I've used terra a lot and would guess it's about 20-25% perlite.

Last edited:
Northernpop

Northernpop

I agree, but the % of perlite must be known. Just wondered.

Ill be sticking to about 1/3 to 1/4 % perlite.

Many thanks !!

Top Bottom