# of plants allowed to grow in Cali

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

how many plants is someone allowed to grow in cali at once?

can anyone apply to that law or do you need to go threw a process to obtain legal documents?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First question is dependent on several factors, such as location.

Second question is yes, you must go through a process and obtain legally binding documents. You must visit what is called a recommending physician and get a recommendation. You are not compelled to acquire an ID card, though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
NOTE: On May 22, 2008, the Second District of California Court of Appeals ruled that the state limits on medical marijuana possession and cultivation established under SB 420 are unconstitutional. The court's reasoning would seem to apply only when the SB 420 numbers are used to limit patients' rights, but has been interpreted otherwise by police who would prefer to ignore them. On January 21, 2010, the California Supreme Court in essence affirmed the ruling.

Link to Normal and County limits

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ken, that's going to get people in, say, Nevada county in trouble. Or Elk Grove, or my county. Things have changed a lot in the past two years alone as far as what you can grow and where you can grow it. No one can get the plant ties in Mendocino anymore, for example, as they did away with that program last year after pressure from the feds.

The MMJ landscape in California has become very, very muddled, with localities enacting their own zoning and other ordinances that, until challenged in court, will stand.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hear you Sea. :( Its a lot of BS, Most of the county's have there own ordinances

Im just saying, ALL the plant limits are Unconstitutional! ;)

Its a harmless herb that needs to be rescheduled as such :)

Who they hell are they, to tell me, what completely harmless plant I cant Grow on my own land?:mad:

But I cant afford the fancy Lawyers...so..I will play by the rules for now :rolleyes:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I understand that, I fought for that. Unfortunately, unless it's put onto a ballot and voted on (county/city level), these ordinances stand until challenged in court. And, that always costs, fucking plenty.

the rrock

the rrock

i live ln santa cruz co. and last time i checked (2 years ago) it was a 99 plant limit + 3 dry lbs.they were talking about changing it to a 10ft x 10ft grow area. Anyone know the current limit.. I know some local authorities and they do enforce it if people are growing using multiple reccs with other peoples names. The sheriffs i have known for decades all have smoked off and on and are totally cool/they like their alcohol and get fn crazy at times

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't reiterate the point often enough--DON'T USE NORML OR ASA AS YOUR SOURCE OF LEGAL INFORMATION!!! They are updated infrequently, and often misreport the status. Go to the county website for up-to-date information.

You can also call the county clerk and ask him/her what the current status of MMJ cultivation is within the county. There may be a different set of ordinances for incorporated vs unincorporated areas, as is the case where I live. Some areas make it easy to find out what their ordinances are online, others, definitely not so much! That's when it's easiest to just place a call in to the county and someone will be able to tell you where to look, what to know, yadda yadda yadda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom