Off Grid Grow Help

• Thread starter cave troll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cave troll

cave troll

Ok so my wife and I are moving from Texas to southern Oregon soon, our house should sell within the next few months. We are still looking for the property but have decided to buy 40- 50 acres probably in Klamath county. We will be homesteading and raising organic produce and such as we have done here for years but now I wont be a criminal for my other plants.

As far as advice, I need help with designing a 4k grow and power my home and farm off the grid. I have no experience with solar or wind power so I don't even know what to buy or where to start. Ive never ran a grow larger than 4 600w hids so theres that to factor in as well.

All in all there will be tons of work for me to do and much advice needed from anyone willing.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

3500 f0r 10 kwh 1000 watts for 10 hrs lol so 7k for 20 kwh or 20,000 watts off grid power i am going that route

cave troll

cave troll

Tesla power wall

you can get enough to power corporation buildings etc

I saw these last year and got on the mailing list for the power pack but I don't think that will be released anymore. So I can buy a powerwall now or is there still a waiting list?

Freshone

Freshone

Running 4k with solar or wind off grid will cost you mucho and is a tall order in just storage batteries not to mention equipment.Off grid I'd think about a greenhouse myself.
Gets colder than a witches tit in Klamath!

cave troll

cave troll

Running 4k with solar or wind off grid will cost you mucho and is a tall order in just storage batteries not to mention equipment.Off grid I'd think about a greenhouse myself.
Gets colder than a witches tit in Klamath!
If I'm growing in a greenhouse is flir accurate? Where I'm at now my outdoors grows have to be small and we constantly have to watch for aircrafts. Ive had a heli sit down on a grow in '06 and scared me to death. I was surprised to know they can see large groups of the plants because of a difference in heat transfer. The guys growing in cali and Oregon would know I assume.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Flir will tell you everything you need to know. Make sure it's higher end. We have a $8000 dollar model it's bad ass.

Top Bottom