OG#18 in Coco

• Thread starter Cannanugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Hey guys quick question... I just started some OG#18 seeds in coco - I've started seeds a few times before, but in FFOF / LW mix and didn't need to feed for at least a couple weeks. I'm a bit confused since there are no nutrients in the coco when I would start feeding. I'll be using GH 3part if it matters.
If anyone has personal experience with this particular strain or OG in coco please help a brother out :afroweed:

I

ibTheMan

Yes, use zero ferts for the first 2 weeks or so, then at about 1/5th strength and move up from there.

S

swisscheese

I use rhizotonic on my beans and babies. Much better germination rates compared to plain tap.

Edit OG #18 is some really strong stuff one of the best available from seed that I've tried to date.

K

KushChemDiesel

Yes, use zero ferts for the first 2 weeks or so, then at about 1/5th strength and move up from there.

I'm not sure if you read the post properly man he's in coco, there are zero nutes in coco meaning its inert so he gotta start with some nutes or something in there.

I use something called Formulex made by Growth Technology for my seedlings and cuttings it works perfect every time and has done for years

Rushoe

Rushoe

Some seeds where given to me in coco they where empress's all in small cups of canna coco feed with 150 ppm clonex for the 1st week untill the lil shell came off and started to use 5 mili cal mag 3mili micro and 4 and half mili bloom that worked perfect and leaves u with a ph of 5.8 6.0 so there is not to much need to fix the ph and if done right should leave u with a ppm of around 430 500 those ogs can take it np good luck bro.Oh and yeah I know some ppl might say that 5mili is alot for a seedling well I was fucken baked and did it used it with np no burn no nothing u could start off with like 2 or 3 but then u just might have to add some ph up at that point ...

S

strictlyOG

I would feed nutes right away since there is none in your medium and i hope you have cal-mag

I

ibTheMan

I would feed nutes right away since there is none in your medium and i hope you have cal-mag

I run coco and you dont want ferts at first, in fact i got 8 little #18 started now,did it the same way as always and they look great and stay great.

Leaf and fert 008
G

greenums

I've had great success ((10 seeds, 30 clones) <--newbness) popping seeds and cloning simply by putting stuff in party cups of moist coir, and no nutrients or hormone or anything. I was reading that coir is perfect for such things. I use Canna Coco Coir. It will become obvious when to start feeding, when the plant starts cannibalizing itself for food and leaves start dying off (2weeks for my clones). I'm sure my method takes longer. Hard to say really since I use 23W cfls. Haven't lost anything yet though.

P1010001
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Hey thanks a million guys for all the great replies. I will hold off for the feed for now and just hit them with some rhizotonic and roots excelurator. One of these days when I have some extra time to go grab a camera I'll try and snap some shots. Thanks again.

O

omk2teg

i would hold off feeding seeds at first cause i think they get their initial food from the firt leafs produced.

Top Bottom