OG Kush 18 preferred nutrient strength

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Hey everyone and Season's Greetings.

For you OGK farmers, typically, does it have a large appetite? How about CalMag? Does it love or hate it?
I'm talking in comparison to "normal" strains lol.

But yeah...is it a big eater, small eater or normal?
Thanks.

dankworth

dankworth

Sorry it took me so long to notice this.
I have seen two og crosses that, from birth, are heavy eaters. As in five out of five and six out of six feminized seeds. OGs seem to generally like more magnesium than other strains. Look at magnesium deficiencies in the infirmary, so that you know what it looks like and can catch it earlier. If you get a deficiency, start adding 1 gram/gallon epsom salts and check for response. Or you could foliar wih diluted epsom too.
I see four out of five fine right now and one deciding that that much magnesium is a deficiency. So it can be like that.
I have been using CNS-17 for coco(3-1-2 and 2-2-3) awhile, and it is short on magnesium. You have to feed at like 1500 ppms or something just to get to 50 ppm magnesium for your plant.
Read up on the correct way to add epsom salts to your reservoir. If you do it the wrong way, you lock up a bunch of nutrients and cause yourself a deficiency.
Magnesium in my experience especially with OGs, can be the last limiting factor that, once fixed, unlocks kick-ass performance.
OG crosses seem to lack anxiety-promoting tendencies. They are pretty cool.
But you will spend more on fertilizer due to higher ppm requirements.
I have read the OG #18 can be hit and miss with some characteristics.
So be sure to pop a lot of beans for your selection process if you are not getting a proven clone.

M

MTgrower

This is a strain I enjoy quite a bit. I grow in a soil mix, and use Age Old Organics, In veg, I start at 500 and work up to 1000PPM. Then I go up to 1200PPM during flowering and then water with pure RO water for the last two or three weeks. People talk some shit about Cali Connection seeds, but all of the OG #18 I've grown from seed haver been dank. Not super high producers, but mad quality. I flower under sunpulse MH lights in a sealed room with CO2 enrichment. Solid performer.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
This is a strain I enjoy quite a bit. I grow in a soil mix, and use Age Old Organics, In veg, I start at 500 and work up to 1000PPM. Then I go up to 1200PPM during flowering and then water with pure RO water for the last two or three weeks. People talk some shit about Cali Connection seeds, but all of the OG #18 I've grown from seed haver been dank. Not super high producers, but mad quality. I flower under sunpulse MH lights in a sealed room with CO2 enrichment. Solid performer.

Og 18 is DNA not Cali Connection

S

SSHZ

I have the OG Kush #18 from Reserva Privada. I've grown it twice before and am in week 9 on 3 plants currently. It can take a lot of punishment. I always add cal/mag to every watering. I max my ppm at 1500 but normally in the 1200 ppm range thru flowerng. If you let them go long enough, they turn very sour and are of good quality with dense buds....

T

tattoojim

i have a #18 in my room, and i bumped my nutes up 7ml per gal. from 5ml. all my girls was happy with it but the 18. i had to give it a couple of strait r/o drinks(half gallon each time) and it perked rite up..this is my second time growing 18 and it tells me real fast when i over feed her..:bong2: edit... i do use cal/mag every watering cause of the r/o water. oh and mine is a lemon og #18, might not b the same.

S

SSHZ

Sounds different. Mine are anything but nute sensitive..........

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Don't take this the wrong way but MH lights during flowering??? Thats why there not high producers, you should use HPS during 12/12 light cycle.

damn!! I just noticed this was a thread from last year LOL

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I havebeen running og#1 8 for 3 1/2 years I got the beans when they were first dropped an i got a killer pheno she can eat just about anything you throw at her an she loves cal mag just like all the clone only gee's I run. P.S. I heard that people can't find keepers in there new stock tho mine is Sour as hell with a fuel smell an sticky as fuck

Top Bottom