OG Kush Auto 1 month out,

• Thread starter SntWick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SntWick

SntWick

Let me know what you think, first time running auto... to me might be a month or give or take! Overall been a good learning experience.

Og kush auto 1 month out
Og kush auto 1 month out 2
Og kush auto 1 month out 3
SntWick

SntWick

What type of soil are you using?
Some mixed soils with different amendments I’ve added . Blood meal , bone meal. Worm castings. Dr earth organic tomato and veg fertilizer. Etc . Originally the soil is found vigoro from Home Depot lol

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Some mixed soils with different amendments I’ve added . Blood meal , bone meal. Worm castings. Dr earth organic tomato and veg fertilizer. Etc . Originally the soil is found vigoro from Home Depot lol
My first grow was an auto and it was like that. Now, I’m no expert, I’m relatively new but what I saw I did wrong with that grow was ....everything lol
The soil was too compact, not enough coco or perlite so the roots weren’t able to expand in the pot.

As for the soil, I didn’t have enough of the macro nutrients that is vital to healthy growth. I had the regular NPK for about 3 weeks in the soil...ran out of nutrients after that.

My second grow I did a better job at buffering the soil. I grow organically( super soil) and everything I put in this time helped my auto..and i think autos burn more easily

So I put my super soil in the bottom which is made up of
Coco
Perlite
Biochar
Dolomite lime
Azomite
Humic acid
Bat quano, sea bird quano, Langbeinite
Cow manure
Kelp meal
Worm castings

of course what it ALL comes down to in the end....I believe is your water
I water mines with purified 7.0 ph water because I use molasses and naturally it brings the ph down so I never have to worry about ph being to high

SntWick

SntWick

Correct, it was my first auto grow and working with a extremely tight budget. It was for more shits and giggles. I had dealt with overwatering. And you know that stunts an auto flower heavily. And then I had tried 1 feeding of chem nutes. She didn’t take to them at all. The bigger plant did. I’ve read countless forums advising against it. Hence why you said burnt more easily. A shorter life span and soil holding the nutrients longer. Overall. It was jus a big learning experience. I still was messing around with lst and experimenting in other ways. For me, these were more of an experiment then anything . My ph is about 6.3 . I never measured run off though.

SntWick

SntWick

My first grow was an auto and it was like that. Now, I’m no expert, I’m relatively new but what I saw I did wrong with that grow was ....everything lol
The soil was too compact, not enough coco or perlite so the roots weren’t able to expand in the pot.

As for the soil, I didn’t have enough of the macro nutrients that is vital to healthy growth. I had the regular NPK for about 3 weeks in the soil...ran out of nutrients after that.

My second grow I did a better job at buffering the soil. I grow organically( super soil) and everything I put in this time helped my auto..and i think autos burn more easily

So I put my super soil in the bottom which is made up of
Coco
Perlite
Biochar
Dolomite lime
Azomite
Humic acid
Bat quano, sea bird quano, Langbeinite
Cow manure
Kelp meal
Worm castings

of course what it ALL comes down to in the end....I believe is your water
I water mines with purified 7.0 ph water because I use molasses and naturally it brings the ph down so I never have to worry about ph being to high
Thank you though for the super soil recipe. I just am running a tight budget and my over all lighting and other things came into play. I will take all that into account. As these are things I knew but I have been picking up along the way.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Correct, it was my first auto grow and working with a extremely tight budget. It was for more shits and giggles. I had dealt with overwatering. And you know that stunts an auto flower heavily. And then I had tried 1 feeding of chem nutes. She didn’t take to them at all. The bigger plant did. I’ve read countless forums advising against it. Hence why you said burnt more easily. A shorter life span and soil holding the nutrients longer. Overall. It was jus a big learning experience. I still was messing around with lst and experimenting in other ways. For me, these were more of an experiment then anything . My ph is about 6.3 . I never measured run off though.
I haven’t checked run-off. I try to avoid that since it’s an organic grow, don’t wanna lose the notes. But hey keep going, trail and error you’ll do great

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Thank you though for the super soil recipe. I just am running a tight budget and my over all lighting and other things came into play. I will take all that into account. As these are things I knew but I have been picking up along the way.
It’s totally cool and you work with what you have

SntWick

SntWick

I haven’t checked run-off. I try to avoid that since it’s an organic grow, don’t wanna lose the notes. But hey keep going, trail and error you’ll do great
Yeah u had made the mistake of trying to use chem nutes see if helped any. The bigger auto took some use but overall more harm then good.

SntWick

SntWick

It’s totally cool and you work with what you have
I’ve got some white widow, photoperiods coming soon. Super excited. Never grew a photoperiod and figure it will be more forgiving cause I can stretch the veg period if need be to correct any human mistakes.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

I’ve got some white widow, photoperiods coming soon. Super excited. Never grew a photoperiod and figure it will be more forgiving cause I can stretch the veg period if need be to correct any human mistakes.
When I made the switch I was a bit nervous lol and I didn’t want to wait so long, I’m impatient. Terrible trait to have when growing
But I think you’re right with it being more forgiving.
be sure to read on Low stress training and all the good stuff to increase potency and yield.

This is a clone that with LST and topped

FDA6ED1A B7A8 4244 BC10 6A5DD73E53CA
776A45EA B3C3 4ED8 9379 81CB2230E6DC
SntWick

SntWick

When I made the switch I was a bit nervous lol and I didn’t want to wait so long, I’m impatient. Terrible trait to have when growing
But I think you’re right with it being more forgiving.
be sure to read on Low stress training and all the good stuff to increase potency and yield.

This is a clone that with LST and topped
She’s gorgeous bro, yea, I did LST to these plants I feel it’s partly the reason I have so many zones in general. Happy growing my friend

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your running under a full spec light it is flowering prematurely bc full spec has red and ir in it, with autoflowers you need a 2 cycle light, autos are different animals from photoperid plants and are not run the same, you run them under blue light till they stop growing vertical, give a light flush add bloom nutrients and switch your light to bloom only, that is why the yield of an autoflower is so low outdoors bc they flower to soon, my autos just start to flower around day 30, i flip to bloom around day 50 on average. Pic is Skywalker just before chop at day 74. Next pic is 3 bears og at day 14. With a photoperid plant u want full spec bc u induce flowering by cutting light cycle or photoperid.

20201126 081247
20201216 200124
Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

If your running under a full spec light it is flowering prematurely bc full spec has red and ir in it, with autoflowers you need a 2 cycle light, autos are different animals from photoperid plants and are not run the same, you run them under blue light till they stop growing vertical, give a light flush add bloom nutrients and switch your light to bloom only, that is why the yield of an autoflower is so low outdoors bc they flower to soon, my autos just start to flower around day 30, i flip to bloom around day 50 on average. Pic is Skywalker just before chop at day 74. Next pic is 3 bears og at day 14. With a photoperid plant u want full spec bc u induce flowering by cutting light cycle or photoperid.
Nice dude! How much did you get from that?

SntWick

SntWick

I feel that was definitely my problem, I have a full spectrum in it! I had an autoflower last year and flowered really late and these babies flowered super early! Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom