OG kush Curl pheno?, tacoing

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

So im veging 9 SFV OGs and 1 Skywalker. 4 of the 9 SFVs are tacoing pretty hard. My temps are great in the room and directly under the plants(74-78), RH is 60%, winds not too strong, definitely not overfeeding and PH is 6.5.
Ive never grown OGs that did this before and have heard about a very distinctive og kush pheno that curls up like a taco. Im hoping this is just a pheno. Anyone have experience with this before?
I can get some pics up if it will help. Also, its just the top leaves, everything from 3/4 down looks great and healthy.
thanks

neck

neck

how close is your light? sounds like heat stress, although i see you said the temps are good. when you said"under the plant" did you mean right under the light? is it the ones right under the light that are doing this? are you using aircooled hoods?

gumby420

gumby420

the lamps are only a few inches away, and yes they are air cooled and yes it is the ones right under the light, but its still not hot. could it still be getting stressed even though its not hot? lumen burn?

gumby420

gumby420

2 1000 hps that are both are cooled and a hanging vertical 400mh. but still at the highest top of all the plants its 75 degrees even with the lights only a few inches. can that still stress them? thanks for your help

C

cctt

Yes, a few inches from a 1000 watt lamp is too close. Put your hand there - feel all the radiaton. Air temperature is just one factor. Ever get a sunburn in the winter?

gumby420

gumby420

Yes but ive done that trick many times, i can keep my hand there as long as i want without feeling much. Ill raise my lights up and see if it helps. Thanks for the replies

gumby420

gumby420

been a day since i raised the lights and they look worse if anything. plan on flushing tomorrow. hopefully its some salt build up or something?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have an og that is really finniky and will taco at the slightest over fert, that sounds like what is going on, let me no if the flush helps. what is your medium?

gumby420

gumby420

im using 5o% ff ocean forest and 50% ff happy frog. good to know that your ogs are very finicky with nutes as well, but im using pretty damn low doses for fear of nute burn. but anyways, flushed all 10 tonight and all had a ph of 7 and had nice clear water coming out.....hope that helps this damn tacoing. its soooo ugly and depressing
thanks for everyones helps so far

D

devilsshare

tacoing is a pretty cool plant defense mechanism; by curling the leafs are decreasing their surface area, which decreases the amount of light they have to process. Either too much heat or too much light or a combination of both will cause the plant to curl its leaves inward in order to protect itself. Sounds like it was too much light in this case

gumby420

gumby420

after i flushed still not luck. i talked with the clinic i got my clones from and they think its a calmag deficiency so i bought some botanicare calmag and double dosed them. i think theyre starting to do better. hopefully this will help.

UnionBlvd

UnionBlvd

Pics are worth a thousand words. Are your leaves curling up or down? The sides or the tips? Any other strange coloring or burns? If you have any coloring or burns, where on the plant is it? lower, upper, edges of leaves or middle.

Sides of leaves curling up is too low humidity, sides and tips curling is nute burn.

Lumens will burn your plant. Anything closer than 18" for a 1000w is danger zone regardless of heat. In my experience when they lumen burn, it will generally not be the top..but the middle that gets burns..big leaves. Which makes it easily mis-diagnosed.

Good luck, post back if you found the problem..Cheers~

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

alrite mate got two tahoe og kush from big buddha they seem to be curling up unlike the rest the leaves are quite thick but the sides are curling up its only had one feed so far think it might be a light feeder growth is kinda slower than the rest as well what do you guys think ?? peace.

gumby420

gumby420

ok.....no luck. raised lights, flushed, checked soil ph, added calmag. i started thinking it was maybe too much nitrogen because of how dark some of the bottom leaves were getting but i doubt thats it. pretty much at a loss right now. PLEASE HELP
First 2 pics of the tacoing, one starting and one plant that looks horrible. Next 3 are of the lower sections of the plants. And lastly just a pic of one side of the room to see the set up.
Sorry for the bad quality, did my best with what i had.

IMG 3426
IMG 3428
IMG 3438
IMG 3418
IMG 3439
IMG 3434
Aligee

Aligee

looks like heat stress typical og trait when heat stressed! whats your RH? maybe try raising it might be too dry for them .. good luck Brah!

gumby420

gumby420

rh is 60-70% and room temps are 76. could it be underwatering? usually about 4-5 gallons every other day.

D

DanDy

Broad mites. If everything else checks out (environment, ph, nutes, etc.), then it is bug on the leaf or medium. You said you got these from a club, have you treated for bugs??

Top Bottom