Og, Kush, Og, And Og Kush

• Thread starter gymshoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gymshoes

gymshoes

What is Kush AND what is OG?
I'm confused... There's a million of both out there.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

This is a kind of a loaded question. Lots of different opinions, lots of different stories but that being said imo they are definitely NOT the same...

Kush in the strictness sense is a landrace hailing from the Hindu Kush plateau. The Hindu Kush region is thought by some to be the area where ancestral indica and sativa populations overlapped. So possibly "Kush" is a naturally occurring hybrid.
(that happens often in plants and even some animals(rarer) where distinct populations overlap)

"OG" on the other hand comes from either ancestral "Californastan" or "Floridastan" depending on which version/who's story you believe. There are even some who believe it hails from a mythical place called "Bunkerstan";)

Supposedly the moniker "OG Kush" comes from some cat outta Flo rida, although I'm sure there are other that disagree fwiw

WORF

WORF

@gymshoes i just spoke on this in another thread here is the truth my friend....... og kush is nothing more then a kush crossed to chemdog thats it..... which kush?? depends and which chem??? depends most breeers breed towards more chem nowadays in the early days it was bred more towards the kush side i e the original bud structure color of nuggs etc.... its all marketing my boy simple and plain og is chem it represents the tall lankiness you get the chemical sour diesel flavors and taste as well are attributed to its chem lineage

as far as kush most kushes are not 100% kush real deal kush is a land-race for example world of seed has a afghan kush its a 100% pure land-race this is a real kush !

WORF

H

happy b

I see what your asking gymshoes.theres your kushes then og kushes then there are just oh geez.
i can only tell you the way i think of it.
kush is ,as rub the nub says , a pure indica from the hindu kush mountain range.og kush is a lemon thai type crossed to some kush and og is a plant that may not neccissarily have much,if any ,kush in its lineage but it has a particular structure with a strong pungent fuel type smell/taste, usually with a lemony or earthyness along with the fuel,but not always.
but thats just how I think about it.

Shamus

Shamus

this topic is literally being beat to death.. at this point OG kush's blood is leaking out of a trunk somewhere in Nevada.. with the pungent smell of gasoline lingering in the air.. and a slight slippery slope to the quarry in-between where it is now and its watery grave

what the flying fuck

theres like 23 threads on this..

H

happy b

I got the impression gymshoes was asking whats the difference(if ther is one) between og kush cuts and strains that have an og tag.i understand why people are confused.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I think the fact that OG is attached to so much LORE is the reason this topic gets beat to death, many times I have had great Kush that beat any Hyped OG, just the way it is, strain gets enough hype and it ends up perpetuating to some kind of legendary status, fact is any OG or Kush can be recreated and it has been many times with many different names. Asking for the real OG now would be asking for the real Cola, as in the soft drink, they all taste the similar some like one brand over another, the recipe is copied tweaked and polluted to the point where anything close is satisfactory.

H

happy b

I think the fact that OG is attached to so much LORE is the reason this topic gets beat to death, many times I have had great Kush that beat any Hyped OG, just the way it is, strain gets enough hype and it ends up perpetuating to some kind of legendary status, fact is any OG or Kush can be recreated and it has been many times with many different names. Asking for the real OG now would be asking for the real Cola, as in the soft drink, they all taste the similar some like one brand over another, the recipe is copied tweaked and polluted to the point where anything close is satisfactory.
Totally agree about hyped strains.i dont know how many times iv heard loads of hype about a particular strain being AMAZING only to find out once iv went out my way to get it and grow it that its usually average pish when your kinda expecting something amazing.i avoided gsc for years until i spoke with a guy i KNEW wouldnt hype it up and he told me it was well worth growing...

gymshoes

gymshoes

Yes...I do not understand the differences between those 3 "strains".
I can appreciate the fact that this topic may have been debated and discussed to death, but not everyone has been privy to those debates and discussions.
Not too long ago, in simpler times, things were quite different: there was Indica and Sativa, then Afghanica was added, then there were seemingly distinct strains like Northern Lights, White Widow, Romulan, C99, Skunk #1, etc., etc., etc. Then I heard about Bubba Kush and in no time at all Kush (whatever that was) had taken over and was THE weed to have. I saw a true crime show one time about a drug dealer who got murdered because what he sold to another dude as Kush was just plain, regular weed. Perhaps the "plain, regular weed" was just Mexi-Schwag, but gangsta's aren't known for selling that crap are they? Won' get any reliable customers that way!

I think Kush is just a marketing concept now; it has become a brand. There's this Kush and that Kush. According to High Times, the consistently number one seller is Kush. Which, to me, leads inevitably leads to the conclusion that greed (i.e., making more money from one's product) is the reason behind the countless different Kushes out there.

I mean, I could cross almost any two strains and call the result Nuclear Winter Kush, which would probably sell a lot better than Nuclear Winter, 'eh?

H

happy b

Yes...I do not understand the differences between those 3 "strains".
I can appreciate the fact that this topic may have been debated and discussed to death, but not everyone has been privy to those debates and discussions.
Not too long ago, in simpler times, things were quite different: there was Indica and Sativa, then Afghanica was added, then there were seemingly distinct strains like Northern Lights, White Widow, Romulan, C99, Skunk #1, etc., etc., etc. Then I heard about Bubba Kush and in no time at all Kush (whatever that was) had taken over and was THE weed to have. I saw a true crime show one time about a drug dealer who got murdered because what he sold to another dude as Kush was just plain, regular weed. Perhaps the "plain, regular weed" was just Mexi-Schwag, but gangsta's aren't known for selling that crap are they? Won' get any reliable customers that way!

I think Kush is just a marketing concept now; it has become a brand. There's this Kush and that Kush. According to High Times, the consistently number one seller is Kush. Which, to me, leads inevitably leads to the conclusion that greed (i.e., making more money from one's product) is the reason behind the countless different Kushes out there.

I mean, I could cross almost any two strains and call the result Nuclear Winter Kush, which would probably sell a lot better than Nuclear Winter, 'eh?
You could call it what ever you like but if its not got a certain lineage or a certain structure and taste you would be the only one calling it og. an og is just a really pungent weed with a specific structure and taste.its just a term people use for a type of plant that fits a certain criteria.it used to be if it wasnt an og kush elite cut then it wasnt an og.people are just taking this subject way to seriously nowadays.

Shamus

Shamus

It's not a matter of being privy it's just a matter of googling..

buy I was just trying to be funny with a rather literary take on that post.. Alliteration.. Personification.. Etc

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Kush is no longer an official name in my opinion. The word has evolved and been misused so many times incorrectly over 30 years that it has simply become slang for any high grade weed, same as what happened to Skunk, Diesel, Chronic, Indo, Crip, KB, Kine, etc. It is a popular buzzword people recognize, the sellers use words that relate to people. The marketing tactic is called bandwagon.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

o.g is hype . oregonkids anyway !Fuck the hype ! i bet some offspring are stronger . lol . I wouldnt grow it or bubba in 04 or so and i wont now. Fuck banana , dogshit and all those too !
Weed for lightweight trendys..............Seams we are breeding low tolerance now. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom